JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations in similar style to this -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerminalParp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendations in similar style to this -
    Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:54am
Hi

I have been ignorant of jazz for most of my life, but recently fell in love with a piece called Starless and Bible Black by The Stan Tracey Quartet -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwL6mntg-UE

I seem to have a deep affinity with it and would love to find something similar; However, I'm, not sure what style it is, what the inspirations are because, like I said, I'm an ignorant moron.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:42am
Interesting song title, prog rock group King Crimson has a song by the same name, but its an entirely different song.

This album may get tagged as Post Bop, because of the time period it came out, but I think the music you are looking for that would be similar is more likely found in Post Fusion Contemporary.
Try Jan Garbarek, especially his late 70s and early 80s music and let me know what you think of that.
TerminalParp View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerminalParp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:05am
Thanks, this has taken me down a pleasant rabbit hole, I really appreciate you responding.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic