JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Unsigned bands and artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is this jazz? If so, what sub genre?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyalles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this jazz? If so, what sub genre?
    Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 1:34pm
Hi everyone. I'm a mostly self taught, play by ear musician, influenced at least as a drummer by jazz music. I recently put up a bunch of home recordings I've recored over the last few years, and need to choose the genre. Some songs seam clearly some kind of Jazz, but even those, I'm not sure how to classify it.

What do you think?

https://nyalles.bandcamp.com/releases

Cheers and Happy New Year!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:32pm
Hi and welcome to the site. 
The music you are playing isn't really jazz per se, but more of a free improvisation that draws on blues, folk rock, a bit of jazz, some avant-garde things etc. I think the tag for this would be free improvisation, but not free jazz exactly.
On our site, this would be tagged as Jazz Related Improv/Composition as it is improvised music with a relationship to jazz.
nyalles View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyalles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:38pm
Thanks for the feedback js. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic