JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz-rock lovers, help me! What song is that??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desistindo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazz-rock lovers, help me! What song is that??
    Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 6:20pm
I recently found, in a old tape, a very cool psychedelic brass jazz-rock and i have no idea who recorded it or how its called. I upload it in youtube. Do you know what band is that??

< width="560" height="350">< ="http://www.youtube.com/v/yZpKscHZ2co&feature=youtu.be" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowaccess="never" allownetworking="internal" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="350">

Thx.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 7:54pm

I want to help it, is there the hint at all? It is dated the day when the sound source was recorded in tape. Or it by an album. Or by a radio.

Not you? It was recorded by a family and a friend.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:12pm
I don't know who that it is. 
From the sound of the music I would guess its from the late 60s or early 70s. They don't sound like they are from the US. They are probably European, possibly southern or eastern Europe.
Their salient feature is the fact that both trumpet players soloed at the same time, that was kind of unusual and might be the best way to figure out who they are.
I think they come from the jazzy rock scene, not the jazz scene, although the trumpet players were pretty good, but the rhythm section sounded like rock musicians.

Maybe some of that might help narrow the search.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:23pm
I think so, too. This is not simple jazz rock. I thought that sound resembles Chase and BS&T, but this may not be an American thing. A drum is twin pedal even if it does it in the 60s and the 70s and. The point where a guitar was a fuzz effect was special.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:34pm
No, its definitely not Chase or BS&T.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:42pm
Yes. I searched it with an atmosphere of such Blass Rock momentarily. However, I abandoned the thought immediately because I thought that it was not simple Blass Rock.Smile
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 11:03am
Can't use YT at work... I'll try to remember this w-e to listen
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

desistindo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desistindo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

I want to help it, is there the hint at all? It is dated the day when the sound source was recorded in tape. Or it by an album. Or by a radio.

Not you? It was recorded by a family and a friend.

Actually, my only hope stands on this: my brother download it from youtube, long time ago, and then recorded in tape. So, im hoping i could found the band by similar stuff. I searched for Afreaka - Demmon Fuzz album, not unsuccessfully. Maybe it is more related with prog/psychedelic scenes than properly Jazz, yes.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desistindo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

From the sound of the music I would guess its from the late 60s or early 70s. They don't sound like they are from the US. They are probably European, possibly southern or eastern Europe.
Their salient feature is the fact that both trumpet players soloed at the same time, that was kind of unusual and might be the best way to figure out who they are.
I think they come from the jazzy rock scene, not the jazz scene, although the trumpet players were pretty good, but the rhythm section sounded like rock musicians.

Yes, i even though it could be from England or Italy scenes. Anywaw, for my search i could label it as "psychedelic brass jazz rock"?
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desistindo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Yes. I searched it with an atmosphere of such Blass Rock momentarily. However, I abandoned the thought immediately because I thought that it was not simple Blass Rock.Smile

You mean "Brass Rock"?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by desistindo desistindo wrote:

Originally posted by js js wrote:

Yes, i even though it could be from England or Italy scenes. Anywaw, for my search i could label it as "psychedelic brass jazz rock"?

I was thinking "two trumpets psychedelic jazz rock" might be a good search. 
I'd give Sean a chance to hear it, he might know this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic