JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz Music Archives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: What do you think of the new site?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
27 [75.00%]
6 [16.67%]
2 [5.56%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:40pm
First option for sure.  I've been waiting for the site since M@X hinted at its eventual existence.  
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:43pm
I like it, and I'll love it when the basic work will be finished (adding artists and completing discographies). Thumbs Up
M@X View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M@X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:45pm
Enjoy JMA guys !!!!!
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:46pm
Will do, M@X.  You know I already managed to sneak on a few times back when the site wasn't officially up, haha. Tongue
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:12pm
This site is giving me deja vu from last year when Metal Music Archives launched.  Plenty of holes, which I expected, and I was one of many people yelling and screaming about band omissions and genre classification errors.

I really, really love jazz music just like I do metal and prog, but I feel my exposure to jazz isn't as strong as it is to rock and metal.  This is mainly due to the fact the jazz section in music stores seems to be shrinking and shrinking, plus jazz doesn't get anywhere close to the exposure of rock-based music.  That's how it is in Canada, and I'm sure others have similar problems in other countries.

Anyways, getting off track...

I don't have a go-to source for my knowledge of jazz aside from wikipedia, so I look forward to Jazz Music Archives being the place for me to go to kick back and learn and explore this great form of music.  

Of course, this young site is going to take some time to grow.  Working on Metal Music Archives makes me really appreciate the efforts it takes behind the scenes of a website.  I have faith that this site will become a superb resource, and I can't stress enough how excited I am about it. Smile
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:19pm
There are a hell of a lot of sub-genres
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by triceratopsoil triceratopsoil wrote:

There are a hell of a lot of sub-genres

Yep.  They really thought it through.  Clap

I was wondering how many there could possibly be.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:32pm
everything is pretty much covered, with small changes I see happening in the future

the thing about jazz, is also the size and scope of the genre. Jazz has metal beat by 60-70 years, so there is much more ground to cover.

Yes the jazz sections in stores by me are dwindling if not extinct. Thank goodness for one place by me that has a large jazz section (even its own funk section)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:33pm
You're missing the thrash-jazz subgenre, though LOL
andyman1125 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:35pm

LOL

Or just Jazz Metal in general Approve
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:36pm
i do like the idea of the Jazz-related Rock section just being changed to Jazz-related Rock/Metal
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

i do like the idea of the Jazz-related Rock section just being changed to Jazz-related Rock/Metal

Yea, seeing as there are like 183760981 jazz metal bands LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

LOL

it's not jazz metal, though.  I most often see that term used in reference to the new wave of aggressive, distorted, avant-jazz (ex: Jean Louis)

Headbanger
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:42pm

LOL

it's not jazz metal, though.  I most often see that term used in reference to the new wave of aggressive, distorted, avant-jazz (ex: Jean Louis)

Headbanger

EPIC AVANT GARDE-NESS Headbanger
M@X View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M@X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 8:53pm
Thanks Stooge and all for the kind words !!!
SKwid View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 10:14pm

Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

Yea, seeing as there are like 183760981 jazz metal bands LOL
jazz metal?
Diablo swing orchestra Approve
also, i voted what is jazz 
Polo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

First option for sure.  I've been waiting for the site since M@X hinted at its eventual existence.  

Ditto.

That's Kenny G with Miles Davis on my avatar, by the way.
The Block View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:42pm
Like jazz, but not that much...
[FLASH WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200]http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/ju/uq/qi/ctures_119.jpg[/FLASH]
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:19pm
Good job indeed.

Though, I do think the forums should be a different color than black. Maybe a light blue/blue scheme would be nice.

But well done! Can't wait to dive into it fully
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 3:52pm
haha, manwithhat wins at jazz nicknames
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic