JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nils for post-fusion contemporary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Do you have any cuts or partial cuts from the album I could check out. I know a lot of her music is right in between the two genres (Contemp and Fusion).

Here is a track from "Another Mind", this one is actually from the album. BTW I dont think the Sonicbloom versions of the "Another Mind" songs are much different than the studio (in terms of compositions)

this one is Kung Fu World Champion from "Brain"

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:21pm
'Kung Fu Champion' is pure Classic Fusion, and you can tell probably the rest of the album is too.
'Binary' has a funk jazz fusion section mixed with a Contemp styled piano section, overall I would call this Classic Fusion too.

Here is whats going on. When Hiromi was imported, her albums were given the default tag of Post Fusion Contemp because that is a genre that a lot of her music falls into. Unfortunately it looks like no collab who has knowledge of her individual albums has gone through and fixed her album tags yet.

If any of our esteemed collabs who are familiar with her albums want to, they should go ahead and fix those genre tags.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:27pm
When I came here I noticed Time Control was a pure Classic Fusion album. I fixed that tag

The other 2 albums I have are Another Mind and Brain. I havent listened to these as much as Time Control, but today I listened to both.

Another Mind can possibly be changed to Classic Fusion, as there are a bunch of cuts that fit the description.

Although I posted Kung Fu World Champion, in going through the album Brain, I can honestly say it is more like half classic fusion, half post-fusion/contemporary; with more of the latter than the former.

I will change Another Mind to Classic Fusion, but I think I will leave Brain as it is right now. There are some hot fire cuts on Brain, but there is more stuff that reminds me of Chick Corea's solo albums (the non-fusion ones)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 2:32pm
Thanks Billy D  Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic