0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Chairman Of The Board
    Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:06pm
All the albums are not here first. There were 34 releases on Frank's Reprise label. Some are with Bing Crosby. a Jobim, his Dorsey album, the christmas albums,comps, Live and Strings etc are not here.
I have left 21, more so I suppose. the ones that I prefer with own personal taste. There are some beauties and although his Capitol stuff prior is rated his best work period, I love his Reprise stuff.
I am not mad on his ballad albums but there a few I still like, "September Of My Years" is one

Where is "My Way" if that is what you are thinking. It is a great album but so well known being his signature tune these days. Mention Frank Sinatra and what is the first song comes to mind, it is always "My Way"

You don't have to know them all to vote. If you want to question me about any.....fire away, I am here.

"I did it myyyyy  waaaaaaaay" CoolEmbarrassed

Edited by Matt - 11 Jul 2012 at 4:21pm
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:18pm
^ isn't that a Sid Viscous song?

There's no way I'm going to know all these albums like you do, I have about 5 to 7 Sinatra albums at best. I like the one with Basie, so there goes my vote.

You are more than welcome to add any albums we may be missing. Wink
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:26pm
Something for everybody to have a look at and maybe a think about some of those great albums. The Basie ones are great. I actually like the 2nd one, Quincy Jones produced "It Might As Well Be Swing" but that has "Fly Me To The Moon" on it.  If I remember right that is one song you a really sick of hearing,LOL
Matt
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:39pm
I went for "Watertown". Absolute flop for him. It was a bit different, he put a Country tinge to it ,also being a theme album. I reviewed it. He was not happy with the outcome after the release, how nobody bought it. The problem how I saw it was, it was 1970 the old fans it did not grab and at the time he really was not getting the young crowd as we all thought Frank was a dag and somebody your parents and Grand parents played. The Country fans were going Outlaw (genre) at that time as well.

Edited by Matt - 11 Jul 2012 at 4:41pm
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 4:47pm
"Fly Me to the Moon" is OK, and I do like Sinatra's version. My favorite Sinatra song may be "Somewhere, over the Sea", on both songs he sings them way less sentimentally than most do, that's what I like about him, that sassy delivery and plenty of swing.
I'm off to entertain drunks for a while. Beer   

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

"Fly Me to the Moon" is OK, and I do like Sinatra's version. My favorite Sinatra song may be "Somewhere, over the Sea", on both songs he sings them way less sentimentally than most do, that's what I like about him, that sassy delivery and plenty of swing.
I'm off to entertain drunks for a while. Beer   

If it was in Australia you might have ran into me after a football game. Beerhic
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic