JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jirka Hála for fusion or funk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jirka Hála for fusion or funk
    Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:16am
http://www.myspace.com/jirkahala

Jirka Hála is a saxophonist/flautist whom I bumped into in Prague last summer. He was playing for Petr Zeman Quintet, and as they hadn't any recorded stuff to sell, I ended up buying the blower's solo album (Make You Wanna Hála) which he had recorded in New Orleans. I can't quite say where he would land best, but fusion and funk are the best possibilities I'm sure. There are a few tracks up in Myspace, so listen for yourself and make the best decision Smile
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:32am
Ha, I found an actual Funk Jazz subgenre from the maze, that's probably the best place.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:41pm
approved,    ...fun music, thanks  Cool
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 2:27am
Pekka, suggestion based on your Prague's impression  is added Wink
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 2:44am
Clap
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 4:06am
Is there going to be a musicbrainz update on him? I couldn't find any info there. If not, you're welcome to use the little bit of info I inserted here: http://www.last.fm/music/Jirka+H%C3%A1la And I can do the album addition if it's ok.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 5:08am
Yes, for every new addition on JMA there are two steps: first the artist,cleared for addition is added (you can see the info on the front page,right corner), when there are some newly artists  added, the information's import is done from MusicBrainz. Usually, it brings some info (as bio and photo) and discog, but very often this info isn't full, contains mistakes and always should be completed or corrected manually.

Usually the import from MB happens every 2-3 days. So, the best way is just to wait that time after initial addition (till import was done), and to check and correct/complete the information after
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm
Yep, I'm familiar with it from being a collab in MMA Smile My point was that I didn't find an entry for Jirka Hála in the musicbrainz database, so I was wondering if all info should be added manually....

...now I check again and it is there Geek Ok, moving on... Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic