Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let's Enjoy Alcoholic Drinks - with Keishiro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:14pm
Speaking of mixing ginger with alcohol, I was looking at some sake choices in the liquor store and they had one with ginger. I didn't buy it because I thought the flavors would be artificial.
I think what might be better is to get some sake and then add your own slices of real ginger and see what that is like.

Tonight I am drinking warm tea with whiskey, lemon and honey, also some whiskey shots and whiskey mixed with honey. Big smile

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:32pm

A lemon and honey. Good. Was cold restored?

One of my friends lives in the place approximately 77 miles away from my house. I visited the friend before.

There was bar for jazz in the neighborhood of the house of the friend, and I and the friend enjoyed alcohol together. The master of bar said. When I said that Philly Joe Jones came to the shop in old days, and Philly asked a shop for the thing which I mixed black coffee and whiskey with in the shop, I said. Philly seemed to call it "Half and Half". I did not know that there was such a drink.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:47pm
By the way, I have not yet tried the thing which put Japanese sake and ginger together. The thing which a Japanese often mixes with "sake" is a fin of the fish. I slightly warm the fin. For a fragrance. Or I mix some salt. To enjoy original sweetness with the salt.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 20 Nov 2012 at 8:51pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:23am
In the states, coffee with whiskey is called an Irish coffeee. Its often used as a morning drink, something fun to do on your day off. It is often topped with whipped cream.
I don't drink coffee anymore, and I have gotten too old to have drinks in the morning, but I had some Irish coffees when I was younger.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:29am
Coffee+whiskey with whipped cream  is called Irish coffee around Europe as well. Not sure if it fits as morning drink, but quite a good one in cold winter day (I still prefer hot wine with spices , so called gluntwein)
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:59am
I hardly drink coffee, too. This is because it cannot sleep by action of caffeine.

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 2:00am
I still drink a lot of coffee Ouch

Edited by snobb - 21 Nov 2012 at 2:00am
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm
Coffee rules (one of stimulants, not alcoholic though).
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 6:16pm

I do not always prepare for such wine. However, only Christmas prepares.

Chateau Mont-Perat 2010 Approximately 30 dollars.

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 4:52am
Bordeaux wines are as rule really good (and expensive), in Europe this bottle still costs twice cheaper (what is far not a low price for 2010 wine anyway)

Edited by snobb - 25 Dec 2012 at 4:53am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 5:52pm
Work was called off today due to icy rain, I'm at home drinking hot chocolate with spiced rum, chasing it with Newcastle Brown Ale.  Beer
Listening to The Four Brothers. Sax man
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:43am
^ Sounds fantastic. Beer

Anyway, is your Brown Ale cool or warm?
--

DamoXt7942

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:17am
In winter time I am apt to set the beer out and let it warm close to room temperature before drinking. I can't see much reason for cold beer in the winter.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:31am
^ Warm Ale is good for me too. Wish I could drink a glass of warm Ale in Japanese restaurants. Beer
--

DamoXt7942

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 1:16am
Last night on my business trip for Tokyo, I've had a dinner of Oden, with Japanese sake created in Tamanohikari Shuzo Factory (Kyoto), that tastes very smooth, delicate, and warm.

Beer
--

DamoXt7942

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 5:03am
The food looks good too.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 5:31am
Oden is Japanese hot food (radish, carrot, cabbage, fish paste, chicken ... or so) simmered in Dashi soup (seasoned soy sauce, sugar, kombu), you know?

The combination of hot oden and hot sake rules this cold season! Beer
--

DamoXt7942

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 2:20am
Finishing the long winter (and it still snowing outside) with good Ballantine's

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 2:12pm
Here's a good drink for winter time: Hot chocolate with spiced rum (Captain Morgan).   Beer
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 3:22pm
less than one hour till New Year here - we opened Georgian wine from 2005 - "Tamada" from own collection, it's OK but not as good as I expected 

Edited by snobb - 31 Dec 2016 at 4:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic