FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Let's Enjoy Alcoholic Drinks - with Keishiro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:59am
I hardly drink coffee, too. This is because it cannot sleep by action of caffeine.

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:29am
Coffee+whiskey with whipped cream  is called Irish coffee around Europe as well. Not sure if it fits as morning drink, but quite a good one in cold winter day (I still prefer hot wine with spices , so called gluntwein)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:23am
In the states, coffee with whiskey is called an Irish coffeee. Its often used as a morning drink, something fun to do on your day off. It is often topped with whipped cream.
I don't drink coffee anymore, and I have gotten too old to have drinks in the morning, but I had some Irish coffees when I was younger.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:47pm
By the way, I have not yet tried the thing which put Japanese sake and ginger together. The thing which a Japanese often mixes with "sake" is a fin of the fish. I slightly warm the fin. For a fragrance. Or I mix some salt. To enjoy original sweetness with the salt.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 20 Nov 2012 at 8:51pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:32pm

A lemon and honey. Good. Was cold restored?

One of my friends lives in the place approximately 77 miles away from my house. I visited the friend before.

There was bar for jazz in the neighborhood of the house of the friend, and I and the friend enjoyed alcohol together. The master of bar said. When I said that Philly Joe Jones came to the shop in old days, and Philly asked a shop for the thing which I mixed black coffee and whiskey with in the shop, I said. Philly seemed to call it "Half and Half". I did not know that there was such a drink.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:14pm
Speaking of mixing ginger with alcohol, I was looking at some sake choices in the liquor store and they had one with ginger. I didn't buy it because I thought the flavors would be artificial.
I think what might be better is to get some sake and then add your own slices of real ginger and see what that is like.

Tonight I am drinking warm tea with whiskey, lemon and honey, also some whiskey shots and whiskey mixed with honey. Big smile

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 5:21pm
LOL Exactly.

I've enjoyed beer last night (assume John would shout "no beer at such a cold night!" hahhaha). Tongue
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 4:20am
Many restaurants around will have Beaujolais Nouveau parties tonight. Probably nice reason for one more party, but young wine is not a drink  I would enjoy there LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 3:50am
Hey all, today is the day we can start enjoying Beaujolais Nouveau. 

Tonite I'll enjoy Shochu as usual. LOL
--

DamoXt7942

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 1:37am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Having a cold can really change my tastes in drinking. Lately I've been making a hot tea with honey, lemon and whiskey. Beer
For you a Japanese sweetie MIRIN created with malted rice.

Basically this stuff is thought as a sweet seasoning but we can drink / enjoy premium mirin really (very few people know this fact even in Japan).
--

DamoXt7942

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 10:27am
I love really good tequila, possibly my favorite drink.
A popular drink in Mexico that I like to make in the summer time, - (my version) grapefruit soda (not grapefruit juice), tequila, lime juice and ice. Once the ice is in the drink, sprinkle some salt and sugar on the ice. Salt first to make holes in the ice, and then a little more lime juice and sugar.
Its a warm climate drink, not so appealing in the winter. Straight shots of good tequila would be the best in winter.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 10:19am
My wive's collegue from Puebla office during visit bring her for present Tequila we tasteing now. Know almost nothing about tequilas, but this one looks smooth and quite pleasant,comparing with my previous experience

Edited by snobb - 10 Nov 2012 at 10:21am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 6:41am
I had been thinking vodka might be the best for ginger, I also considered rum too. Pure alcohol is called grain alcohol in the US.
I would not mix ginger with whiskey or tequila, but gin might be a possibility.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 3:00am
Oh. Yes. Probably it is colorless alcohol in Japan. The name is shochu, but it is the Japanese name. I do not know whether it should be called a spirits. It resembles vodka, but the alcoholicity is lower than vodka.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 2:33am
What kind of liqueur do you put the ginger in?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:33pm
Ginger and the mixture of the alcohol are often homemade in Japan. I let I put ginger in liqueur and mature for half a year. Or it is approximately one year. The alcohol with commercial ginger is not almost sold. Or I may put it in tea not alcohol.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:25pm
I like ginger, I wonder which type of alcohol might go with ginger?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:20pm
Please be careful about a cold. Yes. My family has not yet taken in preventive injection for influenza. Therefore, I prevent a cold with a drink, too. It is identical to John. A lemon and honey are essential in winter in Japan. Or it is ginger. Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 8:09pm
Having a cold can really change my tastes in drinking. Lately I've been making a hot tea with honey, lemon and whiskey. Beer
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 4:37am
This is it Thumbs Up It's great but quite expensive (speaking about 7*), last time I bought it at reasonable price in duty free shop on Greek-Macedonian border LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic