JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PM boxes full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PM boxes full
    Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 12:41pm
Due to some site problems last week, many of you have full PM boxes. Some of you are requesting correspondence, but I cannot write back to you.
Empty out your PM box.

Edited by js - 17 Jun 2012 at 12:42pm
Warthur View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 12:46pm
Just noticed this.

My inbox seems to have a limit of 5 messages. Surely this is incredibly restrictive?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 12:49pm
There were some problems with the site the other night. On the night in question, the PM boxes seemed to fill rapidly, all it took was 4 to 5 messages to fill them.
Warthur View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 12:57pm
Maybe, but my inbox is still showing a 5 message limit. I assume the default limit is meant to be 500 messages as on MMA/PA?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 1:10pm
Looks like a bug there, I'll report it to Max.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 5:27pm
I'm having trouble too - here's my message:

"You have 91 Private Messages, you can receive another -86 from a total of 5"

Should I hold off on deleting for a while?
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 5:40pm
Because of the problems, I just keep mine empty now. 
Max has been notified, so maybe he will show up and fix it.
Warthur View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 6:20pm
Luckily a lot of us are also active on PA or MMA so I guess as a stopgap measure people could try using the PM systems on those sites if the person they are writing to has a full inbox here.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 6:27pm
You're probably more likely to find me at allaboutjazz
My name there is *js*    They have private messages there too, although I haven't been by there lately.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:21am
My mail box level says I'm filled up to 540% of its capacity, yet I only have 27 messages left (I rehurlarly clean)... I've deleted a few, but this hasn't changed anything...

Do I have to empty it all off?? (not that there are important infos on them messages)

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:41am
They seem to fill up at about 5 messages. Max has been notified, so hopefully he can fix it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:09am
I'll delete all of them to see if that works...

EDIT: Seems to have worked... it's now empty

Can you send me one?? (to see if I receive)

Edited by Sean Trane - 18 Jun 2012 at 8:11am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:28am
Test back to Slava,....

It worked (got it) but it tells me I'm indeed at 20% with that single PM

So it's really the capacity of the PM box that's the problem

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:43am
I just talked to Max, he says this is not an easy fix and it could be a while until he can get to it. In the meantime, if you want to get messages, just empty out the message box often and you will still get them.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:53am
at least it works till 5 posts
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I just talked to Max, he says this is not an easy fix and it could be a while until he can get to it. In the meantime, if you want to get messages, just empty out the message box often and you will still get them.

Shows how much I know of webShockedEmbarrassed... I thought it would be a cinch to doUnhappy

Oooh, well, there is still PAWink

darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 2:36pm
Hey John, I found you on AllAboutJazz. I'm thinking about signing up, how is the activity rate and discussion quality there?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:20pm
There are lots of really knowledgeable people there, its a good place to ask questions, many members are pro musicians.
Other than asking the occasional question, I don't chat much on there. For being a big popular site, there actually isn't that much talk on the forum. I noticed where some of them said that forum activity is down about 50% from a couple years ago, that might have something to do with the rise of facebook or the novelty of web forums wearing off.

Most of the time I am here at JMA though, because there's always work waiting for me, ha ha, but when I am doing research on the internet, I'll often be at allaboutjazz or allmusic.

Edited by js - 18 Jun 2012 at 3:22pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 3:40pm
By the way, just so you guys will know, Max has been on this today and may have found the solution.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 4:40pm
Awesome
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic