JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Souljazz and Jazzfunk Fanatics Needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:37pm
Wade was called an obscure gems. And I thought that there might be an album to be looking for with reference to those post in the item of Soul/Rare Groove.
Rokukai View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rokukai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:43pm
Man you guys thank you for all the suggestions--I've acquired some great knowledge and look forward to gaining more. I've listened to The Mighty Ryeders and Tarika Blue, good music and super obscure. That's the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks again y'all
Rokukai View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rokukai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:42pm
I found a great obscure souljazz set today. A double album CD by two artists, Bill Mason and Gary Chandler. Gettin' Off/Outlook it's called. The Gary Chandler set is particularly hot, it's got Cornell Dupree, Ceaser Frazier (two artists who deserve mention on this site by the way), Harold Ousley, and Idris Muhammad.

Bill Mason played B-3 for Prestige in the early 70's on a couple notable albums.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 2:55pm
Ouch, I didn't realize Cornell Dupree wasn't on here, I'll check out Ceaser Frazier too.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:25pm
I was doing some research on Bill Mason before adding him to the site. Apparently he records gospel/new age CDs now. 
http://billmasonmusic.com/ 
Other soul jazz and funk artists have gone that route. Chuck Brown records new age and children's CDs these days, on piano no less.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 4:01pm
I don't know if you are familiar with The Counts
I just dropped off a review on the front page too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic