0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [33.33%]
1 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Ghibli Anime
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:11am
There's a Miyazaki bias and I've included 'Nausicaa' here, even though it was produced before Ghibli was formed.

I was considering leaving out the adaptations, but it's all good so I didn't bother. I haven't included the two latest releases, simply because they aren't as widely available. But if you're keen, there's an 'Other' option of course.

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 29 Mar 2012 at 7:15am
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:17am
I've gone for Nausicaa because of the world building (and the fact that it's got that old school excellent cell-animation - not that I hate CGI - but the 2d looks more 'realistic' to me, which is odd.)
Reviews...
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:58am
I can't decide between Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:04pm
The work of the 80s that studio Ghibli makes an animated movie and announced is really popular and is of high quality. It supposes that probably both Japan and the foreign countries are similar.

After all the work attracting with a work of Miyazaki most will be "Nausicaa".

I watched "Spirited Away" on TV before. The contents were fantasies. And, in "Grave of the Fireflies", preference parts for a Japanese because war is a theme.

And, as a result, I go to "Other". I intend to explain the reason why I chose it as later.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I can't decide between Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

Tough choice there - 'Grave' heart-rending, and I love the scope of PM, but then, Spirited Away was the first Ghibli I saw so there's sentimentality there for me.

Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

The work of the 80s that studio Ghibli makes an animated movie and announced is really popular and is of high quality. It supposes that probably both Japan and the foreign countries are similar.

After all the work attracting with a work of Miyazaki most will be "Nausicaa".

I watched "Spirited Away" on TV before. The contents were fantasies. And, in "Grave of the Fireflies", preference parts for a Japanese because war is a theme.

And, as a result, I go to "Other". I intend to explain the reason why I chose it as later.

So, Kazu - which 'other' did you choose? Smile Was it a newer one, Kari-gurashi no Arietti? Kokuriko-zaka Kara?
Reviews...
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:27pm
It may be far apart from the question of the vote that I really chose "Other". At first, please consider it. I watched some works of Ghibli. I feel a work of Ghibli to be splendid. And I am glad in it being evaluated abroad.

However, I mention work of Hayao Miyazaki as the reason why I chose "Other" as. There is still a work attracting very as Japanese comics. It is called "Lupin the Third". These comics began in the 60s. And I spread as an animated cartoon and a movie. I do not know whether these comics are known abroad.

A movie of this Lupin the Third was produced in Japan in 1979 and was shown. The supervision of this movie was Hayao Miyazaki. The title is "The Castle of Cagliostro". Probably I may watch it abroad. This movie is not a work of Ghibli.However, it is the work which is very interesting as the work which Hayao Miyazaki affected. I wish that you can watch this movie in the future.

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:52am
^ Ah-ha! Fantastic, I forgot it to add it to the poll, but I have seen the The Castle of Cagliostro, it's great too!

And because Miyazaki directed it the film should count as a Ghibli film I think. I really loved the ruins in this one, and the massive clock. And Lupin is a funny fellow

Reviews...
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 5:01pm
Spirited Away
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 5:36am
The first ghibli I ever saw (like many western audiences I guess) a classic
Reviews...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic