JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Club de Norwege

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Club de Norwege
    Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 1:42pm

Hot Club de Norvège is a string Jazz quartet from Norway, established in 1979, by guitar player Jon Larsen with childhood friends Per Frydenlund and Svein Aarbostad (b/poetry). Influenced by the music of Hot Club de France, and the French gypsy guitar player Django Reinhardt they formed a quartet with violinist Ivar Brodahl (later replaced by Finn Hauge) that became part of the international renaissance of the gypsy jazz music in the 1980s.[1]

Hot Club de Norvege have released many CDs, DVDs, and played together with all the gypsy stars in the genre, from Stephane Grappelli to Stochelo Rosenberg and Jimmy Rosenberg,and today they are touring world wide. They have also worked together with several classical music performers, like Nigel Kennedy, Vertavo String Quartet, and many symphony orchestras in Europe.

In 1980 they started the Django Festival in Norway, which has been arranged every year since then.

http://www.myspace.com/hotclubdenorvege

"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic