Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PayPal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by darkprinceofjazz darkprinceofjazz wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

What do you all think is a great thing, as is, or if like me you think that they really should have competition. PayPal seem to forget that you are the customer using their process for payment which if one notices they keep changing their rules to suit themselves.

Eg, Do you know they only give 45 days for a complaint to be lodged ( Ebay same)

Monopolies Unhappy
That 45 day thing can be a real problem too, I once had an order on eBay, 300 worth of merchandise that never arrived, It was insured, anyone who knows anything about USPS insurance claims, they won't even let you file a claim for 30 days in most cases, then if your lucky, you get a first response 2 weeks after that, the guy I purchased from kept begging me to give him time on the USPS claim, but on the 44th day I had to file the claim on PayPal, USPS rejected his claim he said, I got my money back through PayPal, But I was thinking this guy may have been gaming the system some way, holding me off untill that 45 days, I don't know if he really did for sure. but never allow that 45 days to expire no matter what.
Over here I give them 6 weeks before a bit of concern starts. That means 42 days. Usually you have them within 1 to 3 weeks but I have had them turn up a lot later. Maybefrom now on when 30 days is up. "That's it lodging a claim" in the future.Big smile Sellers would love you.
Matt
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 3:35pm
Hey, they are at it again. "You know providing all the nessecary security for them"! ,"Not for us customers of course who use the service"     Email below with new policy changes, Again

Read the 2nd blue dot marked paragraph.,

[PayPal]
[Notice of Updates to Legal Agreements]

We've updated the following agreements:

PayPal Product Disclosure Statement
Direct Debit Agreement
Recurring Payments and Billing Agreement
Commercial Entity Agreement
PayPal Fees Policy

Who do the changes affect?
The latest changes to our policies affect all customers.

What are they?
The main changes to our policies are:

the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) has been combined with a new Financial Services Guide (FSG). The purpose of the FSG is to set out information which may assist you in deciding whether to use any of the financial services which are provided by PayPal in relation to the PayPal Service;
the Direct Debit Agreement and Recurring Payments and Billing Agreement has been amended to allow PayPal to direct debit your nominated account for any payments permitted by any relevant agreement you enter into, including for fees and liabilities to eBay. In addition, if you have insufficient funds in your Account to meet an obligation, PayPal may continue to try and withdraw funds from your nominated account for a reasonable period; and
we have included a new definition of "Payment Method" to replace the definition of "Funding Source." Payment Method includes Nominated Bank Account, Nominated Card, eCheque, Account balance or any other payment method offered or accepted by PayPal.

Where can I see the details?
The full details of our Policy Updates are published on our website. To stay safe from phishing and spoof, we recommend you always type our URL into your browser address bar instead of clicking on links in emails.

Visit the PayPal site by typing http://www.paypal.com.au into your browser address bar. Click on the Policy Updates link.

You can also access the latest policy updates at any time by clicking on "Legal Agreements".

What if I have questions?
If you have questions, you might find the answer in our Help Centre. Alternatively, you can also call or email us by visiting the PayPal site and clicking "Contact us".

Kind regards
PayPal Australia

How do I know this is not a Spoof email? Spoof or 'phishing' emails tend to have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal member". Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last name.
Find out more about spoof and phishing
Forgot Password   |   Contact Us   |   Privacy  

The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Before deciding to sign-up for or use the PayPal service you should consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, available at www.paypal.com.au.

This email was sent to [email protected], because your email preferences are set to receive All Policy Change Notices. To unsubscribe, click here and follow the prompts.

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" at the top of any PayPal page.

I don't rememebr signing on for this when I first started to use PayPal quite a few years ago now.

As I said there needs to be competition, these blokes treat us like mugs not customers.
Matt
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 1:32am
Whatever you do, don't answer any of those messages and never change your password vbecause they ask you to.
I still use PayPal and have no problem (never had), but I also never changed my pword or e-mail address

For the first three years I kept receiving Spams about changing my pword or checking my persanal data, but since I never did it... they don't try anymore.

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:17am
Used them on occasion, but no loyalty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic