JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello peoples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello peoples
    Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 7:50pm
Hey guys,

I'm not sure exactly when this site launched, but I had to register right away.  I'll be keeping a close eye on this site because I'm always looking to expand my music collection, and I'm never quite sure what's out there in terms of current jazz artists and releases.  The older classics and bigger names are usually much easier to find.

My name's Dan for those who I do not know me.  I serve as a forum admin and collaborator at MetalMusicArchives.com and am a regular member at ProgArchives.com.  I figured I'd take the same nickname as I have on both sites, but I've got to find a cool new avatar to spice things up.

I got into jazz through fusion, starting with Weather Report and Return to Forever, then upon discovering Miles Davis I branched out to appreciate (and enjoy Big smile) more traditional/cool jazz and bebop.  I really like free jazz (Ornette Coleman) and more "out there" stuff like John Zorn.  Bebop is also a rather cool.

Enough of my blabbin!! I've got to explore this new site, and I'm really looking forward to that. Smile
andyman1125 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 7:59pm
Hey stooge! Good to see you here too Smile
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:25pm
Great to see you Dan Thumbs Up
Matt
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:36pm
Thanks guys.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic