Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Mosaic Catalogue 4/1/2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Mosaic Catalogue 4/1/2012
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
Some great stuff available.

I highly recommnend The Jazz Crusaders, Henry Threadgill and the Louis Armstrong. There is also  two 3 cd sets that I have and they get  the thumbs up too, being Andrew Hill ( not the solo one), heaps of unreleased stuff. The Bobby Hutcherson is the other with his later 70's stuff. Cool

That new Coleman Hawkins set looks awesome. Same can be said for the Quincy Jones and Sonny Stitt ones as well but there will be others that you might prefer yourself.

If you are not on their mailing list here is a link to Jazz HeavenApprove

If I am going to get one it will be "Hawk's"
Matt
darkprinceofjazz View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprinceofjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 6:04pm
I have purchased all the Select sets over the years, then sold most of them when they went out of print, One benefit of being a Vinyl Record Collector is, searching for those original Vinyl copies that the those set are comprised of, My favorites are the Hill set, the Johnny Richards set, Both Charles Tolliver sets, the Sam Rivers and the John Carter Bobby Bradford set, I will never sell those sets.

Mosaic has really slowed down the select releases for some reason, maybe they aren't selling real well right now. Most of the early ones sold out.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by darkprinceofjazz darkprinceofjazz wrote:

I have purchased all the Select sets over the years, then sold most of them when they went out of print, One benefit of being a Vinyl Record Collector is, searching for those original Vinyl copies that the those set are comprised of, My favorites are the Hill set, the Johnny Richards set, Both Charles Tolliver sets, the Sam Rivers and the John Carter Bobby Bradford set, I will never sell those sets.

Mosaic has really slowed down the select releases for some reason, maybe they aren't selling real well right now. Most of the early ones sold out.
The Andrew Hill one is great. So much unissued stuff. I have the Johnny Mercer one as well and although I have to be in the mood it is great to hear his songs done by him. He gets close to Bing Crosby who is another for in the mood for me.  Frank Sinatra and Frankie Laine have a  little more ooomph, play them all day.

The Sam Rivers, I am still half and half with. It is a bit different to his original early stuff with Blue Note being more out there for me.

I only have 4 Selects all up but the Hill and Hutcherson are the faves.

Did you have the Jackie McLean set with "High Frequency" included? It is the only place you can get the album. Wish they would release it. Never heard it and it is the only Blue Note stuff if his I do not have. I would not buy an entire set though just to get one album LOL Even I am not that keen.
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic