JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colin Stetson - new EP in full streaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colin Stetson - new EP in full streaming
    Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:35am
HERE

I'm curious for your opinions on this.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 7:56am
When there was an element of a little Nu-Jazz in AG-Jazz as the impression that I felt, I felt it. The atmosphere that is mineral matter such as John Hassell. Or I felt it in the music that early Heldon and Richard Pinhus and jazz fused. Does he play it by circulation breathing law?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 9:58am
My opinion: 
Interesting at first, but less interesting over time. To his credit, Steteson's technique is incredible, I would assume that is circular breathing.
Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 12:48pm
Checking it, uhm, not yet.

Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 4:08pm
Well, I certainly hope this wasn't the first Stetson ever heard for those who replied (or the OP himself, I don't remember past incursions on his side). If so, don't lose faith and check out his full length New History Warfare volumes. He already unveils his technique and style in Vol. 1, although that material is also a bit crude, unpolished. That leaves Vol. 2, which is really great.

This here is nothing new on this EP, plus, after the prima vista, I'm slightly erred by the second track, which would be a sort of minimalistic-patterned, or rhytmically obstinate, composition, but finally gives me the impression that Stetson wouldn't be that much of a rafined player, instead going for the high charges and shardy shrills.

Edited by Ricochet - 11 Oct 2011 at 4:08pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic