FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz Avatar: The Last Bop Bender

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Amilisom View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amilisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazz Avatar: The Last Bop Bender
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 12:29am
Bop. Cool. Afro-Cuban. Fusion.

Long ago, the four jazz nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fusion Nation attacked.

Only the Jazz Avatar, master of all four genres could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. One hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Jazz Avatar, a bop bender named Sonny. And although his bop bending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone.

But I believe Sonny can save the world.

PREVIOUSLY ON JAZZ AVATAR

Sonny has mastered all four genres...but can he face Fusion Lord John Zorn??

EPISODE 61: HANCOCK'S COMET

Sonny faces off with the Fusion Lord! Unfortunately the appearance of Hancock's Comet only strengthens Zorn's Fusion Bending abilities, and he attacks Sonny with an incredible onslaught of upper structure triads at 400 beats per minute!

Sonny feels his strength failing. Can he go on?

The spirit of one of the past Jazz Avatars, John Coltrane, appears to him in a vision.

"I can't go on," says Sonny to Coltrane, "The bpm is just too fast. I'm going to fail. I just can't do it."

The spirit of John Coltrane opened his mouth and spoke:

"Damn the rules, it's the feeling that counts. You play all twelve notes in your solo anyway."

The incredible wisdom fills Sonny with power and his eyes explode with shimmering blue light, bringing him into Jazz Avatar state. He brings his mouthpiece to his lips, and blows.

The wave of sound slammed into Fusion Lord Zorn with immeasurable force, and the ground around him exploded. He flew backward and smashed through the wall.

THE END

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic