1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Zombie Film
    Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 4:47pm
Some are close to Science Fiction and others are closer to demons but if they are transformed and come back with a taste for human brains. Close enough LOL
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 7:26pm

I remember that The Evil Dead as well as my friend were seen at a movie theater. We were a schoolchild as of it. The expression of a movie was very creepy. After seeing a movie, I and my friend couldn't have a meal so much.Big smile

Postscript 

I caught a list of these movies momentarily, so I mistook a spelling. Pet Sematary looked momentary in "Pat Metheny".LOL

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 5:39pm
I watched The Evil Dead the other night Kazuhiro. Has not seen it for a few years. Absolute classic Thumbs Up SickSickSickSickSick
5 sick rating

"La Horde" is the best one I have seen in a long time and went for that. French flick with a great twist. The film has a similar set up to Tarantinos "Dusk to Dawn" another 5 vomit rating Wink In that it starts in a straight violent police matter but things change. It has the best mass Zombie scene ever Cool yep another 5 vomiter Sick
Matt
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 7:06pm
Thank you for teaching it, Matt.Smile I was checking movie trailer previously. Especially From Dusk Till Dawn was interested for me. I thought that I would like to see it. Although the horror picture and the zombie movie thought that I was a movie which seldom tends to make a sequel, I seemed to continue them still now. Japan often has an unpublished movie and may not know the existence. Supposing a distributor imports, I will be able to check it certainly.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 3:55pm
Had to give it up for the original Night Of The Living Dead.  Low budget and very effective. Plus the black guy usually gets it in the beginning of a movie and at least they waited until the end. Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - 10 Sep 2011 at 3:56pm
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:15am
^This was one of the first action movies to have a black guy as a hero!

To the thread creator: How do you dare to not add "Diary of The Dead" in this list? It's awesome!
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:18am
I Am Legend for me. I know, remakes are usually poor, but I enjoyed this. Not only because Mike Patton did the creature sounds, but partly because of the tension that does get going with all that 'aloneness' on screen, and the effort they put into the sets (ie: not all CGI)
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:24am
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

I Am Legend for me. I know, remakes are usually poor, but I enjoyed this. Not only because Mike Patton did the creature sounds, but partly because of the tension that does get going with all that 'aloneness' on screen, and the effort they put into the sets (ie: not all CGI)

Only three things I don't like in I am Legend: the ending, the cgi monsters and the brazilian girl that does not knew nothing about Bob Marley! Damn, every person in my country konws about Bob Marley!
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by tupan tupan wrote:

Only three things I don't like in I am Legend: the ending, the cgi monsters and the brazilian girl that does not knew nothing about Bob Marley! Damn, every person in my country konws about Bob Marley!

Haha! I know what you mean about CGI, tupan, wears me out with its irrepressible smoothness!

Interested to hear what it was about the ending that bugged you?
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 10:12am

Haha! I know what you mean about CGI, tupan, wears me out with its irrepressible smoothness!

Interested to hear what it was about the ending that bugged you?

Well, I've read the original book, and the ending was far more interesting.
SPOILERS: The ending of this movie have that "hero sacrifice" thing, and the vampires were depicted as mindless monsters. The alternative ending (see the DVD) were more interesting: there, wee see the creatures actually still have some emotions.

And sorry for my very poor english!Embarrassed
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:34pm

^This was one of the first action movies to have a black guy as a hero!

To the thread creator: How do you dare to not add "Diary of The Dead" in this list? It's awesome!
  Agree, but I did not put it up because it was more from Romero and I had two already, so just stuck with those  two. I saw Rec 2 the other night still in the same apartment block with the story continuing, just all the original cast have met their demise and the next group to go in the building is the story continuation. It was good but nothing really new to add.
Matt
tupan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2011 at 7:59pm
I've just seen La Horde. Good zombie flick, with good character development, lots of gore and unnarmed fights with zombies. 
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 6:57am
And now for a little fun:

TEA PARTY ZOMBIES MUST DIE!

Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 6:52pm
White Zombie. Oh, and I Walked with a Zombie.

Evil Dead out of these.

Edited by Vompatti - 30 Oct 2011 at 6:53pm
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 11:58pm
Sean of the Dead is hilarious.
darkprinceofjazz View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprinceofjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:32pm
A zombie thread on a jazz review site?

"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth"

Easily for me, 1978's Dawn of the Dead is the quintessential zombie flick, though mightily different in style than 1968's Night of the Living Dead,  Director George A. Romero once described it perfectly, As a Social satirical action adventure romp. Complete with the Off color blood, that adds to the comic book style of the film, also in my opinion, what sets this one apart from the others from the same time period, is the unusually high quality acting from the 4 principle characters, certainly not Oscar caliber of course, but above average in my opinion. Romero was such an under appreciated director as well, is editing style is hap hazard and disjointed at times, but it adds to uneasiness of the mood, especially in the one on one zombie scenes.

But for me it is the action adventure angle that does it for me, at times it's like watching a Chuck Norris flick with zombies. Dawn of the Dead has everything I like in an action movie, plus I like the crude gray zombies, and the 100% hand made special effects of Tom Savini,  this low budget nature adds to the charm of these movies, Zombie Movies today have way too much Computer generation for my tastes.

I personally do not like Evil Dead, or Shaun of the Dead that much, Shaun of the dead is just too comedic for me.

Romero's Day of the Dead is pretty good too, but the acting quality is very mixed.

If you get a chance to listen to Romero and Savini discuss the film of the DVD, Do so, the story of the making of the film is classic. 2 hours of commentary.

Edited by darkprinceofjazz - 03 Jan 2012 at 7:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic