JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lemon-flavored Xylophones and Improv Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 142>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:29pm
They ok. Jazzkips better.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:31pm
I haven't been in the mood for jazz in a long time, actually.
The Truth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:32pm
I listened to Miles this week and that's all the jazz I remember.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:39pm
I fell asleep to Kind of Blue the other night.
The Truth View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:43pm
Well would ya look at me? I reviewed Maggot Brain.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by The Truth The Truth wrote:

Well would ya look at me? I reviewed Maggot Brain.

D:
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:53pm
Nice, I could never appreciate the rest of the album much after listening to Maggot Brain, it easily outshines the rest of the album. Dat guitar solo....
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 8:55pm
Stern Smile
andyman1125 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:03pm
I haven't visited in a while. Hello improv room.

But sadly, I must go on the same note.

Goodbye, improv room.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:07pm
I've been listening to a lot of jazz lately.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:45pm
Lately, my listening consists of jazz, some fusion/funk and some type of alternative rock music. 
Padraic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:50pm
I wish I could listen to more of anything.  Especially jazz.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:54pm
I realize I've been shunning jazz for a good while now in favor of prog...time to make up for some lost time with some amazing music.  I need to get myself to a listening equilibrium with jazz, prog and classical.  
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:00pm
Pablo, I just listened to Pharoah Sanders' Karma for the first time - it was pretty amazing stuff, now I'm moving onto some Art Ensemble of Chicago. 
Padraic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padraic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

I realize I've been shunning jazz for a good while now in favor of prog...time to make up for some lost time with some amazing music.  I need to get myself to a listening equilibrium with jazz, prog and classical.  

That's exactly what I need to do.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

That's exactly what I need to do.

Maybe that's why we like groups like Henry Cow so much...they seem to have elements of all three genres. Tongue
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:04pm

Pablo, I just listened to Pharoah Sanders' Karma for the first time - it was pretty amazing stuff, now I'm moving onto some Art Ensemble of Chicago. 

Approve Glad you liked it, most of his discography is like that, so it's hard that you step into a bad album. (although it could get a bit repetitive) Other great ones: Elevation, Black Unity, Thembi.

I've only heard Art Ensemble of Chicago's Les Stances a Sophie, some great stuff, some other a bit too free for me.
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Abraxas Abraxas wrote:

Approve Glad you liked it, most of his discography is like that, so it's hard that you step into a bad album. (although it could get a bit repetitive) Other great ones: Elevation, Black Unity, Thembi.

I've only heard Art Ensemble of Chicago's Les Stances a Sophie, some great stuff, some other a bit too free for me.

Awesome, I'll check some of those albums out.  I'm listening to the Art Ensemble album Bap-Tizum, supposedly it runs the range of styles from quiet/contemplative to loud/completely insane.  I think I'll like it all. Tongue
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

I haven't been in the mood for jazz in a long time, actually.

Unless this sort of counts.

Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 10:18pm
^that's free folk. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 142>
  Share Topic