YES — Sweetness / Every Little Thing

- Tony Kaye / Hammond organ, piano
- Chris Squire / bass, vocals
- Bill Bruford / drums, vibes

Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM : (UK)

Thanks to Prog Zone for the addition and snobb for the updates

Buy YES - SWEETNESS / EVERY LITTLE THING music

More places to buy metal & YES music

YES SWEETNESS / EVERY LITTLE THING reviews

No YESSWEETNESS / EVERY LITTLE THING reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

Prog Zone
Review - #19 (Yes - Sweetness / Every Little Thing)

Originally released as a promo in the early 1970's, this single is able to capture the sound of Yes before the 70s. It consists of two songs, one being Sweetness (an edited version) and Every Little Thing. Sweetness was the first song that Anderson and Squire collaborated on following their initial meeting. However, the edited down version found on this single unfortunately doesn't hit the same high points as the album version does. Not to mention, it feels somewhat pointless to cut it down since the original song isn't that long in the first place. Despite that, I still believe it is an overall good song but not essential by any means. The second song, Every Little Thing, is only shortened by a few seconds for the single release. Thus, it can be said to be almost identical to the version found on the album. It is a cover version of "Every Little Thing" by the Beatles. Chris Squire once said, he didn't realize how much he liked the band's version until he turned on the radio after performing at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1984 and heard the instrumentation. He believed that it was almost a new song being played until Jon Anderson's lyrics was heard, making it a cover. Despite the cover being an improvement to the original Beatles song, due to its more interesting and complex arrangement, I still don't believe it is a great song. My favorite version of Every Little Thing can be found on the Songs From Tsongas - Yes 35th Anniversary Concert live album which features a wonderful rendition of the track! Nevertheless, the version found here is best suited for fans/collectors of Yes. Still, if you are able to get your hands on this single, it will be a nice addition to your collection. But it becomes somewhat pointless if you already own their debut album.

- π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘷π˜ͺ𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘰𝘳π˜ͺ𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘳π˜ͺ𝘡𝘡𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 π˜—π˜³π˜°π˜¨ 𝘈𝘳𝘀𝘩π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦𝘴 (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2538053)

No YES ratings only posted yet.

A New Serious Music Post Bop
STEVEN FEIFKE

Prophecy Extended
DAVID GARFIELD
Nostalgia
TRICOTISM (CRAIG MILVERTON/ SANDY SUCHODOLSKI/ NIGEL PRICE)
Reggie Quinerly- New York Nowhere EPK