YES — Rhino Hi-Hive: Yes

3.00 | 1 rating | 1 review

Boxset / Compilation · 2006

Filed under Jazz Related Rock
By YES

1. Yours Is No Disgrace - 2003 remaster (9:40)
2. Siberian Khatru - 2003 remaster (8:52)
3. Sound Chaser - single edit (3:09)
4. Dear Father - 2003 remaster (4:12)
5. Every Little Thing - 2003 remaster (5:42)

Total Time 31:38

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Peter Banks / guitars (4,5)
- Steve Howe / guitars (1,2,3)
- Tony Kaye / keyboards (1,4,5)
- Rick Wakeman / keyboards (2)
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards (3)
- Chris Squire / bass
- Bill Bruford / drums (1,2,4,5)
- Alan White / drums (3)

Β© 2006 Rhino Entertainment Co.
β„— 2006 Rhino Entertainment Co.

Released only on digital format

Thanks to Prog Zone for the addition

Buy YES - RHINO HI-HIVE: YES music

More places to buy metal & YES music

YES RHINO HI-HIVE: YES reviews

No YESRHINO HI-HIVE: YES reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

Prog Zone
Review - #14 (Yes - Rhino Hi-Five: Yes)

Rhino Hi-Five: Yes is a compilation album released digitally in 2006. It contains a variety of songs ranging from their debut to Relayer. The first song presented here is the Yes classic, Yours Is No Disgrace from The Yes Album. The song originated from some lyrics written by Anderson with his friend David Foster. This was combined with other short segments of music written by the band in rehearsals. This is nothing less then a masterpiece and is a great opener for the compilation. The next song is Siberian Khatru from the album Close to the Edge. It was originally developed from an idea that Anderson had on an acoustic guitar. It's a great song that contains multiple powerful melodies in addition to a groovy chorus. The only issue I've ever had with the song was the ending which I feel should have faded a minute earlier. Nevertheless, it is a fantastic song and a highlight within the Yes discography. Not to mention, it has become a staple song within the bands live performances. The next song is an interesting addition to the compilation, it is a single version of Sound Chaser from the Relayer album. I am glad that they decided to add this often forgotten masterpiece but I wish they would have gone all the way and included the full version instead. Dear Father is a song written during the Time and a Word sessions but was never added on the full album except in some German pressings. It is a nice song that is truly a hidden gem within the Yes discography. Lastly, we have Every Little Thing from Yes' debut album. It is a cover version of "Every Little Thing" by the Beatles. Chris Squire once said, he didn't realize how much he liked the band's version until he turned on the radio after performing at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1984 and heard the instrumentation. He believed that it was almost a new song being played until Anderson's voice was heard, making it a cover. Despite the cover being an improvement to the original Beatles song, due to it's more interesting and complex arrangement, I still don't believe it is perfect. My favorite version of Every Little Thing can be found on the Songs From Tsongas - Yes 35th Anniversary Concert, great rendition! Nevertheless, it is a nice view at Yes' early discography. Overall, Rhino Hi-Five: Yes is somewhat short but contains a solid view into the bands discography while including some lesser heard tracks. It is a good compilation, but non-essential.

- π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘷π˜ͺ𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘰𝘳π˜ͺ𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘳π˜ͺ𝘡𝘡𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 π˜—π˜³π˜°π˜¨ 𝘈𝘳𝘀𝘩π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦𝘴 (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2537464)

No YES ratings only posted yet.

From The Ground Birds Are Born Jazz Related Improv/Composition

THE COOKERS
Prophecy Extended
DAVID GARFIELD
Nostalgia
TRICOTISM (CRAIG MILVERTON/ SANDY SUCHODOLSKI/ NIGEL PRICE)