Print Page | Close Window

Jeff Berlin To Release “Joe Frazier - Round 3”

Printed From: JazzMusicArchives.com
Category: Jazz Music Lounges
Forum Name: Jazz Music News, Press Releases
Forum Description: Submit press releases, news , new releases, jazz music news and other interesting things happening in the world of jazz music (featured in home and artist page)
URL: http://www.JazzMusicArchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11156
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jeff Berlin To Release “Joe Frazier - Round 3”
Posted By: glassonyonpr
Subject: Jeff Berlin To Release “Joe Frazier - Round 3”
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 9:11am
For Immediate Release

Bass Legend Jeff Berlin To Release 30th Anniversary Edition 12-inch Vinyl “Joe Frazier - Round 3” Feat. Steve Vai & David Sancious!

Joe Frazier - Round 3 smokes because the players are smoking. They took a wonderful piece of music and lit a fuse under it! - Jeff Berlin

Nashville – Legendary bassist Jeff Berlin will be releasing on May 11th a 30th Anniversary Edition 12-inch vinyl of his signature song “Joe Frazier.” The EP “Joe Frazier - Round 3” will include a newly remastered version of the original song from his critically acclaimed 1987 album “Pump It!” and a completely re-imagined version, composed and performed by Jeff, Steve Vai (lead guitar), David Sancious (keys), Keith Carlock (drums) and Tom Hemby (rhythm guitar). This limited-edition EP will be available as signed audiophile vinyl, signed CD, or digital release, with collector's editions including an autographed chart of the new arrangement. Digital “mix minus” tracks of the single will also be offered so you can play along with these iconic musicians.

Says Jeff, “'Joe Frazier' is a song that has remained with me throughout my career. No matter where I am in the world, people ask to hear this song. 2017 marks the 30th anniversary of the rendition that I recorded on my second solo record, 'Pump It!' While chatting about the tune with producer John McCracken, we thought to come up with a new version, calling it 'Joe Frazier - Round 3.' For me, this new song is almost entirely different from the previous two renditions and, quite honestly, I think that this is one of the best tunes I ever wrote.”

Musicians:
Bass and Keyboards: Jeff Berlin
Guitar Solo: Steve Vai
Additional Keyboards: David Sancious
Drums: Keith Carlock
Rhythm Guitars: Tom Hemby
Shakers: Gabriela Sinagra

Says Jeff, “Steve Vai's guitar solo was searing. He showed why he is one of the greatest of the great guitarists in the world. David Sancious' keyboards put color and style into JF. The man is a legend and helped to put the 'orchestra' into 'Joe Frazier.' Keith Carlock’s drumming is like a train clicking down the tracks. He instantly grabbed the quarter note and never let it go for over seven minutes of musical percolating. Tom Hemby is one of Nashville's top studio guitarists. But on 'Joe Frazier,' he sounded like the guitarist for James Brown and AC/DC.”

Jeff Berlin Pursed Lips med res.jpg
Photo by Arnie Goodman Photography

Credits
“Joe Frazier – Round 3”
Written and Arranged by Jeff Berlin
© 2018 Sejavi Music BMI

Produced by: John McCracken for Headstrong Media Group
Engineered and Mixed by: John McCracken @ Studio 225 Brentwood, TN
Drums Recorded at: Velvet Cinema Studio, Franklin, TN
Mastered by: Randy Merrill @ Sterling Sound, NYC

Jeff's Equipment: 
Markbass “Jeff Berlin” and “Players School” bass cabinets
Cort Rithimic bass
Babicz Bass Bridge
DR Bass Strings
Steinberg-Cubase

Release date: May 11, 2018.

Five options, all accessible for purchase at: https://www.jeffberlinmusicgroup.com/jbmerch/

I. The Collector's Package 
1. Signed 180g audiophile 12” vinyl EP with a newly remastered version of the original (“Joe Frazier - Round 2”) and a completely re-imagined version (“Joe Frazier - Round 3”) written and performed by Jeff and an all-star group: Steve Vai (guitar), Keith Carlock (drums), David Sancious (keys), and Tom Hemby (rhythm guitar)
2. Signed CD of both songs, and
3. A signed and dated print of the full score for “Joe Frazier - Round 3”
All of Jeff's signatures will be original!
Available July 2018 (pre-order bonus!!: digital bundle sent to you FREE on May 11, 2018)

II. “Joe Frazier” 30th-Anniversary Edition CD
This signed, special-edition CD will include a newly remastered version of “Joe Frazier - Round 2” and the all new “Joe Frazier - Round 3”

III. “Joe Frazier” 30th-Anniversary Digital Bundle 
This packed special-edition digital bundle will include:
1. the newly remastered “Joe Frazier - Round 2”
2. the brand new “Joe Frazier - Round 3” 
3. an extra bonus track: the original “Joe Frazier - Round 2” demo
4. a digital download of the full “Joe Frazier - Round 3” score

IV. “Joe Frazier - Round 3” “Music Minus One” Alternate Mix Bundle
This interactive “Music Minus One” digital bundle will include alternate mixes of “Joe Frazier - Round 3” that allow you to play along with Jeff Berlin, Steve Vai, Keith Carlock, David Sancious, and Tom Hemby. This bundle includes the full digital score and 4 alternate mixes:
1) Minus drums
2) Minus bass
3) Minus guitars
4) Minus bass solos and guitar solos

Each of these “Music Minus” mixes is available for individual purchase ($4.99) and will also include the full digital score along with the alternate mix.

Pre-orders accepted now at: jeffberlinmusicgroup.com

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158, [email protected]

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk