Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

That reminds me, I definitely want to find some cachaca this summer and make this!    
       .... tree surgeon party? Confused
A good friend has a gardening business John and the tree loppers or surgeons he gives all that stuff to them as another at the party is a landscaper who has a BobCat. They all recommend and give work to each other through their customers. It works great for them as none really clash anyway with the types of jobs. I will admit they cut more trees down than repair. They are all into the horticulture.  That drink though was really nice. At first I thought "too sweet" but the crushed lime, loved it. 
Matt
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 5:27pm
New Nepalese Restaurant down the road. Best curried goat going. Serve with Saffron rice. Been very popular in the area. Also went to a pub down in Clifton Hill Melbourne (The Royal). Food was nice, had the Seafood Boullabaise. I love my seafood as grew up in the sixties near the coast and ate fish, scallops, crawfish, oysters and prawns on a regular basis and they were not expensive. These days it is not the same due to population increase ( population has doubled since (11 mill to 24 mill) and the local stuff gets rarer by the week with the quality. In the late seventies I used to regularly dive the local scallop beds (Rye) and get a couple of garbage bin loads. After cleaning there was about 2 kg of flesh. Be lucky to get just two these days with shell. I used to eat em' raw when I was cleaning them and they were big juicy ones

Edited by Matt - 25 Feb 2015 at 5:28pm
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:09pm
I like the oysters too, but I ate too many once and get very sick.  Sick
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I like the oysters too, but I ate too many once and get very sick.  Sick
They are a lot heavier than people think. I usually have just half a dozen if big. I like them natural with just a little pepper on them. With high quality food I just like it as it is John. I love Crawfish ( Lobster), we actually call them crayfish here but those are technically fresh water ,eat them too but with the crawfish just cut them in half and grill them slow in Ghee  (clarified butter). Serve with just a bit of lemon and pepper...............yum.  Also make sure the crawfish is alive when you get it, not boiled which is only okay for salad or making Mornay, Newburg , Thermidor etc.  Even steak is the same for me just salt and pepper, Medium rare. 
Matt
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 2:34am
yesterday at home cooked paltus (halibut) in olive oil - just fish pieces breaded in flour, fried on a hot pan.      served with bulgur and slice of lemon   - simply and tasty

Image result for paltus fish fried

haven't cook it for years - some great things are those forgotten and newly found again Smile

Edited by snobb - 29 Nov 2016 at 2:37am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 3:04am
Did you catch the fish yourself?
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 4:04am
no, not this time Smile - paltus is a  sea-fish, and my fishing experience/passion covers trout fishing in small rivers around my home-town and different lake's fishes fishing (as pike,etc)

there is already first ice on smaller lakes here, but still too thin for walking on it, so for real under-ice fishing season we still need to wait for a few weeks

NATE WOOLEY - bu cover

Edited by snobb - 29 Nov 2016 at 7:29am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 7:08am
^ unfortunately, that photo did not come out over here.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 7:30am
Ouch   it works perfectly from my side, re-uploaded in different format  - hope it will work now
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 7:38am
It works now, nice picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic