Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz fans wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazz fans wanted
    Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:50am
Our site is seeking fans of older jazz (pre-60s, Charley Parker, Fletcher Henderson, Count Basie, Coleman Hawkins etc) and current jazz (post 90s, Brad Mehldau, Mary Halvarson, Matthew Shipp, Craig Taborn, Chris Potter etc) for reviews, album tagging etc.
Fans of bebop, post bop and hard bop from any era are also needed.
We also appreciate knowledgeable reviews in any genre or era, feel free to contribute.

Currently our site has okay coverage for jazz in the 60s to 80s, particularly fusion, but we are lacking in other areas.

If you are a knowledgeable jazz fan, feel free to go ahead and start reviewing albums. Any good review will automatically be featured on our front page and read by thousands of jazz fans all around the world. If you are not sure how to write reviews or use this site, feel free to ask questions in this thread, or contact me via personal message. If you are interested in other work such as genre tags, then writing reviews is the best way to start.

This is a volunteer site, the owner makes a small profit from ad sales, but myself and others on the site do not make any money from the site. Because of my many years of writing reviews, I do receive one or two CDs a week from promoters. 

I do hope you enjoy this labor of love and our attempt to record the history of jazz and jazz related music.

Edited by js - 27 Aug 2019 at 9:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic