JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, It's Me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, It's Me
    Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 8:22am
Like the way this site is set up.  Similar to Prog Archives in functionality but with its own style.  The division of subgenres into three basic categories with subs under those was a good move.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 8:26am
You're welcome!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 8:29am
Thanks much Brian, good to see you here.  Beer
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 9:41am
Hey Brian... welcome

put a little life in this forum, please!!
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 11:48am
I didn't see it covered.  Perhaps I missed it.  Is it OK to copy album reviews done for PA previously? 

I'm already seeing a few artists that have stuff I'd like to review that aren't in PA: Sting, Mangione...
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 11:55am
hie Slartibartfast welcome to the site of wonder, hope you enjoy the stay here, im very noobe when it comes to jazz (so never take advice from me), I am here to learn and to become more sofisticated

i like artists like Pat Metheny, Steely Dan, probably Miles, Mahvishnu Orchestra, Gong (they are jazzy in parts, space jazz), Stevie Wonder, Jaga Jazzist, Bos Scaggs, Van Morrison, Chic Corea, smooth jazz, fusion jazz, jass with world beat, Paul Simon (I find him Jazzy as a solo artist spessially on Graceland).
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 11:56am
Feel free to transfer over reviews, its best to change some wording so the review is geared to a jazz site, I do it all the time and still have some more to bring over.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Feel free to transfer over reviews, its best to change some wording so the review is geared to a jazz site, I do it all the time and still have some more to bring over.
Yeah good idea.  My PA reviews aren't generally tailored to PA but it wouldn't hurt to re-read and give a second polishing to.

Why is it that the two artists I mentioned above are in the Pop Jazz/Crossover category?  I guess I'm just a crossover kind of guy. Embarrassed

Though straight up Jazz really doesn't represent the majority of albums in my collection, I am looking forward to exploring more.

Edited by Slartibartfast - 14 Jun 2011 at 12:00pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 12:00pm
Yeah, generally I try to have my reviews sound like they could be posted anywhere without any "inside" references.
Whats interesting, from what I have seen on the internet, my or anyone's reviews can and do get re-posted almost anywhere.

Edited by js - 14 Jun 2011 at 12:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic