JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rock's the new jazz and vinyl's so-called revival
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rock's the new jazz and vinyl's so-called revival

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock's the new jazz and vinyl's so-called revival
    Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 6:58am
Interesting topic from someone who knows a lot about today's music - scene and backstage

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 7:35am
There is a problem I'm seeing more and more in current journalism, and that is in the headline. Nowhere in the article does he use the phrase that is used in the headline. In the article he states that "rock is going through a jazz phase", something he doesn't quite explain, but still that is far different from what the headline proclaims.

I'm guessing he didn't write the headline, but instead the headline was added by some attention span deficient young person who just grabbed for something out of thin air that they thought would get some attention.

Edited by js - 31 Mar 2017 at 8:32am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:27am
The things he says about the relationship between journalism and popularity are fairly intelligent, so the article is not a total waste. I'm going to guess that this guy's original writing got edited by someone who is not particularly articulate.
I'm also guessing that bad editing is what gives the article a certain incoherence.

Edited by js - 31 Mar 2017 at 8:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic