Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurt Elling Signs Recording Contract With OKeh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurt Elling Signs Recording Contract With OKeh
    Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:54pm

Tour to follow

By Carolina Worrell

Grammy Award-winning vocalist Kurt Elling has signed a record deal with OKeh/Sony Music Masterworks and is set to release, The Beautiful Day—his first OKeh release and his first holiday album—on Oct. 28.

“I am very excited about starting a new relationship with OKeh. OKeh A&R head, Wulf Muller reminds me of the late Bruce Lundvall in his enthusiasm for the music and his love for his artists. Wulf has been a friend of mine for years and I know that I will have his full support moving forward—both as an artist and a business partner,” Elling said in a press release. 

Named “Male Singer of the Year” eight times by the Jazz Journalists Association, Elling is also an international jazz award winner, regarded by the New York Times as "the standout vocalist of our time.”

Following the release of The Beautiful Day, Elling is scheduled to go on tour across Europe and the United States’ East Coast beginning in October until mid-December. For more information, including all tour dates, visit kurtelling.com.

from http://jazztimes.com

Edited by snobb - 22 Sep 2016 at 1:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic