Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New book from Tony Levin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New book from Tony Levin
    Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 4:50am

Dear Friends In Music (& Other Fine Arts)

My dear friend Tony Levin of MoonJune Music's booking roster artists Stick Men and Levin Brothers, and as well of Peter Gabriel's band and King Crimson, has a brand new book of poems and lyrics,“Fragile as a Song", with foreword by Peter Gabriel and introduction by Bill BrufordNow the book is available via Tony's BandWear Store:
It is a beautiful small book, 64 pages, leatherette bound, 6” x 4”. And most importantly, all copies of the first run are autographed by Tony Levin.

Here are a few verses from the great Tony, from the book, beautiful words inspired by one of they world's greatest musicians with whom Tony has toured Japan, West Coast and rope some years ago. The poem is called Crack In The Sky.

Our ceilings and our boundaries
                we embrace them and we wonder why
                But you, you laugh at it all
                while failing upo, up
                through a crack in the sky

I encourage all music and poetry lovers to check this book out.

From the Bill Bruford introduction: "With a smile on its face, this little anthology offers food for thought and refreshment for the soul.  On a good day it may even, in T. S. Eliot’s words, 'make us see the world afresh'."

From the Peter Gabriel foreword: “I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have, with its sharp intelligence, gentle humour, quirky observations, and wonderful memories.”

From Tony Levin: "These are my poems from through the years, and lyrics from songs on previous albums, current albums and future ones. Some are quite personal, others humorous. The title poem is about making a musical connection with a bonobo ape. We fashioned the book as some of my favorite poetry books are: small, leatherette bound, with no publicity blurb on the back. I’m very grateful for the wonderful foreword and introduction by my friends Peter Gabriel and Bill Bruford. The book is sold only here on my Bandwear storefront, because the markup elsewhere would have required a higher retail price.  Oh, and I’ve signed every copy. Thanks for checking it out."

Tony is starting Sting & Peter Gabriel's Rock Paper Scissors Tour tomorrow June 21.
Check all Tony's upcoming dates on his freshly redesigned website:
https://tonylevin.com/tour

Tony will appear on two upcoming MoonJune productions, on the double album "Zentuary" by the Indonesian guitar icon Dewa Budjana, featuring also Gary Husband, Jack DeJohnette and special guests Guthrie Govan, Danny Markovich and Tim Garland (to be released in September 2016), and as well on the upcoming recording session for the Catalan drummer Xavi Reija, with Dusan Jevtovic on guitar (to be released in the Spring of 2017).

STICK MEN's new album "PROG NOIR"
BIG NEWS COMING SOON!
In meantime, if You didn't get "Midori" album, get it now..

DAVID CROSS IN THE COURT OF STICK MEN KINGS
TONY LEVIN, PAT MASTELOTTO & MARKUS REUTER
Double live album recorded live in Tokyo, April 10, 2015
"...an outstanding set of forward thinking progressive rock by
one the finest acts in the current progressive music scene.
"
– Angel Romero, Progressive Rock Central

TONY LEVIN on tour with STICK MEN and LEVIN BROTHERS
announced and confirmed dates

PROG NOIR TOUR - Chapter Two
(confirmed and announced dates)

EUROPEAN TOUR, OCTOBER 12-23, 2016
October 12 - Tilburg, The Netherlands (Paradox)
October 13 - Heerlen, The Netherlands (Nieuwe Nor)
October 14 - Wiesbaden, Germany (Alte Schmelze)
October 15 - Weingarten, Germany (Kulturzentrum Linse)
October 21 - Novo Mesto, Slovakia (Blue Note)
October 22 - Usti Nad Labem, Czech Republik (Usti Nad Labem Jazz and Blues Festival)
October 23 - Brno, Czech Republik (Sono Centrum)
More announced and confirmed dates coming soon!

PROG NOIR TOUR - Chapter Three
(confirmed and announced dates)

WEST COAST USA + THE CARIBBEAN: JANUARY & FEBRUARY, 2017
January 10 - Seattle, WA (The Triple Door)
January 11 - Seattle, WA (The Triple Door)
January 13 - Eugene, OR (Hi-Fi Music Hall)
January 18 - Oakland, CA (Yoshi's)
January 20 - Santa Cruz, CA (Kuumbwa)
January 22 - Agoura Hills, CA (The Canyon Club)
January 24 - Los Angeles, CA (The Baked Potato)
January 25 - Los Angeles, CA (The Baked Potato)
January 26 - San Juan Capistrano, CA (The Coach House)
January 27 - San Diego (Brick By Brick)
January 28 - Mexicali, BC, Mexico (Bol Bol)
January 29 - Phoenix, AZ (The Crescent Ballroom)
February 1 - Santa Fe, NM (The Bridge)
February 7-11 - Tampa, FL & Cozumel, Mexico (Cruise To The Edge 2017)
More announced and confirmed dates coming soon!

PROG NOIR TOUR - Chapter Four
EUROPEAN TOUR, MAY & JUNE 2017

PROG NOIR TOUR - more chapters of the tour that never ends
More USA, MEXICO, BRAZIL, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND - dates TBA

Also:
LEVIN BROTHERS ON TOUR!
PETE LEVIN (Piano, organ) & TONY LEVIN  (upright bass, cello)
with ERIK LAWRENCE (sax) and JEF SIEGEL (drums)
March 7 - April 24, 2017
(Uruguay, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala, North-East USA, Canada)

And for those who are into great Music Summer Camps - Adrian BelewTony Levin and Pat Mastelotto return to Music Masters Camps at Full Moon Resort for their Three Of A Perfect Pair Music Camp. The weeklong getaway – starting Monday, August 1 to Friday, August 5 2016 – will feature performances, workshops, social and recreational activities, all set against the idyllic backdrop of the Catskill Mountains. At Three Of A Perfect Pair Music Camp, Adrian, Tony and Pat will share meals, tales from the road, and even the stage during after-hours jam sessions with campers. Whether campers play guitar, drums, bass -- or no instrument at all -- Three Of A Perfect Pair Camp offers a rare opportunity to learn, to play, to make new friends, and to get up close and personal with this trio of renowned musicians. And they will be joined in 2016 by Markus Reuter of Stick Men, renowned touch guitar player and teacher, who will give daily touch guitar group classes as well as lead his famous morning Rhythmic Awareness Class.

footer image
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic