JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Unsigned bands and artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do I register as an artist? (for reviews etc)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I register as an artist? (for reviews etc)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenleejazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I register as an artist? (for reviews etc)
    Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 2:46pm
Hi,
I was wondering how to submit myself as an artist for jazz music archives? I'm curious about getting reviews and such for my album that's being released. Thanks!

Lauren
www.laurenleeprojectjazz.com
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:55pm
We should have you added to the site by tomorrow.
Each of your albums on your home page will have a place for reviews, anybody can review albums, its all volunteer work.

If you want a review, I highly recommend you get a friend or musical colleague to come here and review your album(s), we only have a few writers, and I know I have a stack of CDs and LPs with promised reviews that I need to get to.

By the way, if you have any friends who are reasonably knowledgeable jazz fans, we could use some more reviewers, you don't have to apply for the position, just come on the site and start writing reviews. All reviews are published on our front page when they are posted.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 5:22am
Added 
Carmel View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 1:34pm
I am a published jazz reviewer that has worked for various publications over the years, and would like to review several albums, but they are not listed in Jazz Music Archive database, is there a succinct area for me to enter in the release information, then review the titles.  Many are small label or independent releases.  Do I email links to releases to be added or post here.  Any insight is appreciated.  With appreciation.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 1:57pm
Are these albums recorded by artists,already presented in JMA? Than you can add albums by yourself, or just send me PM and I will add it

If you would like to review albums by artists who are not presented here, you need first to suggest each artist for addition in a "suggest new artist" section, after they will be added with all their discogs you will be able to review them
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:05pm
If you can't find where to list albums or artists you want added, you can just list them here and we'll take care of it.

In the meantime, feel free to review any of the albums we already have on here.
Cheers and welcome to the site.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:23pm
Your Mac Gollehon review is excellent.
Carmel View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:25pm
Thank you for your help and time, I just posted my first review of a title that was listed in your new section, I will get titles added in the section suggested, in addition to reviewing what is in your system.  Thank you for your help and support.
Carmel View Drop Down
JMA Jazz Reviewer
JMA Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 2:26pm
Thank you, I appreciate your support.  I look forward to reviewing a lot more material going forward.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 3:04pm
Excellent, we look forward to hearing more from you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic