JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pedro Negrescu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pedro Negrescu
    Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:30pm
Romanian bassist and composer, has two albums ("Home" from 2009 and "Mansarda suspendata" from 2010).

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 9:18pm
Do you have some more music for this guy, maybe something from the other album?
Usually I can go on the internet and find enough samples to get someone's genre, but any site I found of his had no music.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 5:27am
The rest of this album is exactly like these two samples. I can upload a couple more samples if you want but there wouldn't be anything new. The other album I don't have yet, soon I'll place an order for new albums from Romania and then I'll upload samples from the new one. But that will be in at least a month. There's no hurry anyway...

[And yes, for most of the Romanian artists this is the level of disemination of their work; I'm pretty much doing pioneering work for many of them. LOL]
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 8:19am
OK, go ahead and drop off about 2 more samples from the same album and maybe that will do it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:09pm
I found a sample from the second album on the label's website: http://www.softrecords.ro/unAlbum.php?albumId=65&artist=Mansarda%20suspendat%C4%83

You need to click on the small blue icon at the end of the first track from the tracklist ("Prolog").

This album being a soundtrack for a theatre play where Negrescu plays all the instruments (mostly cello and bass), I'm not at all surprised it sounds different to the previous album. I'd say this one is Third Stream.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 7:10am
Yeah, that one just added more possibilities.
 I think the way to go would be to post 2 or 3 more cuts from the same album the first two came from and that should determine an overall genre.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 8:42am
I uploaded one more track, the longest from the album:

With this I am close to half the album uploaded so I'll stop, as it wouldn't be fair to an album that's still new and available.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 9:32am
Looks like that first album is a modern take on Cool Jazz, I guess he will go in Cool Jazz. The second album should probably go in Jazz Soundtracks.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 10:05am
added

Edited by snobb - 08 May 2011 at 10:46am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:22am
Release information for 2009 album: Soft Records Romania; Total Playing Time: 44:38; Line-up:
- Pedro Negrescu / double bass
- Rick Condit / alto sax
- Tom Wolfe / guitar

Would I be able to edit album information if I were a Collaborator?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:15am
Right now we are set for our collabs who know modern jazz. 
The only thing we are looking for now are experts in jazz genres that take place from 1900 to 1950 to help me genre tag some older albums.
I'll add your info for you.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:42am
Yeah, I only wanted to be able to make corrections. There doesn't seem to be anyone else other than you and Slava doing administrative work (like corrections), and I wanted to avoid asking you to do everything. 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:52am
Any of the collabs can make corrections, just drop your info in the thread for corrections.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic