JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhapsody in Blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhapsody in Blue
    Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 6:18pm
Hello everyone,
            I apologize if I am using this forum incorrectly. I am desperate.
I once had a jazz song that I downloaded as untitled. It was my therapeutic piece. It was definitely jazz , so I just named the untitled track "Jazz". My computer crashed over a year ago and then my phone broke, so I ended up losing this "Jazz" song :( ...I did not know where to begin to find this piece. Over a year later (and really a decade, as I would come to learn the name of this piece) I was watching a video on YouTube and an American Airlines commercial streamed accompanied with this familiar melody. I looked it up and found that it is Rhapsody in Blue. (I apologize as I realize it is essential and a classic) However, this isn't the 9 minute version. This recording I'm searching for is in style with Glenn Miller's version of Rhapsody in Blue. I believe this recording that I had accidentally attained ten years ago was recorded around that time. The tempo is about 15 - 20 clicks faster and the piano is a more prominent. (I know piano versions exist) The saxophone soloist is composed in such a way that differs from the Glenn Miller Band recording, naturally, but it was the first recording I've ever heard. I need this piece of music. I am sorry for the hefty, lengthy explanation. I just don't know where this recording exists. The closest I got to was a recording by the Canadian Glenn Miller Tribute Band. If anybody can help me... You'd make my world. I listened to all the iTunes available versions and the Army band came closest. That saxophone though...in the recording I'm referring to is so different. I'm almost convinced i made it up I'm my head. :(
Thank you for your time :)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 6:53pm
I'll look around and see what I can find.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 7:05pm
The Paul Whiteman version?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IsQ29EL6tA

Edited by js - 22 Nov 2014 at 7:06pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 7:10pm
This list might help you.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 7:13pm
Duke Ellington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEYOoAjakdg
Rhapsody View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 7:19pm
Thank you js :) it is definitely the abbreviated version.it begins like Glenn Miller's take on Rhapsody in Blue, however the quality and style sounds modern. I appreciate you helping me out on such a quest. The world needs more people like you. When I find it, unless you find it before me :p , I will share it. If I restored my crashed computer I may still be able to retrieve this piece, however I will still not know who performs it. I suppose the recording itself is most important, however I don't have the resources to jump start my dead MAC at the moment.
I really do appreciate you though. Thank you so much!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 2:17am
Check this Gordon Goodwin version, faster shorter, more modern and louder piano.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggx8bgJ4Q38
Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 2:53pm
This one also looks interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJ-kGuOA_Q
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic