JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello again!. I was in a shopping...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello again!. I was in a shopping...
    Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 3:58pm
Hello again!!!
I was in a shopping and in a computer shop I listened to the song I'm looking for (Only could hear that instrumental part that I described in the previous post, because when I entered in the shop the song was ending). I made another video where I'm humming the melody in the instrumental part (No piano) and I'm hitting the sofa emulating the rhythm of this part.
This is the new youtube video:

The song style is something like Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Barry Manilow, etc. It's a 60's/70/s easy listening ballad. The song is sung by a guy. In some parts of the song where the guy sings, the rhythm morphs to a more pure very slow jazz rhythm and the key signature is C MAJOR.
Please, listen to my humming and the "percussion" that shows how about the rhythm in this part and try to identify the song and tell me the tittle and the artist. Thanks! - Nicolas
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 9:34pm
Well thats your best recording of it yet, but I still don't know it. Maybe someone visiting this site will recognize it.

nicolas2013alcubo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 10:15pm
But the song is known...
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 9:36pm
Hello again
Forgive me for disturbing, but I'm mad trying to find this song!
This is my new "recording", but now with the chords made in guitar and I humming the melody (Again the instrumental part of the song that I can remember). The tempo is the same that the original. Please, help me telling me the song tittle and the artist...
This is the new video:

Thanks!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 2:54pm
Why nobody recognizes it?. The melody is KNOWN. In the new video I added the chords so it should be clear to identify. It's very known!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 3:11pm
I saw you posted this at allaboutjazz also. I'm surprised no one over there knows it.
I have the melody in my head now and will recognize it if I ever hear it. I'm curious who it is now too.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:09pm
Yes. I know that ii isn't the song Tea for Two, but the melody is "some similar". The song I'm looking for has this instrumental part and it's sung by a guy. In some parts where the singer sings, the rhythm morphs to a more pure slow jazz style, only to return to the original rhythm. It's not pure jazz. When I was a child I used to hear this song in easy listening radios. (I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina).
Another thing: Do you know about 80's soul music?
I recently made an Youtube video where I sang a fragment of a song (80's soul):

I heard it when I was a child and I could say that he/she is an American soul singer, but it doesn't actually sound in radios. I know that it is very hard to identify, but...
Please, hear it and tell me. Thanks!SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Edited by nicolas2013alcubo - 09 Dec 2013 at 9:49pm
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 9:35am
Please, try to investigate about the jazz song I'm looking for. It's a shame. The melody is very known, it's a classic. Someone should know this melody. This tune is a classic. I'm mad searching for this song.
weblearner View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weblearner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 12:50am
You share a nice music video. Although i saw it before you post. everybody knows this video. If you want more video this music you should search you-tube. if you want to get Hip hop music, you get from me. 

Edited by snobb - 13 Dec 2013 at 1:04am
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicolas2013alcubo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 9:51am
I made this video because I want to know the tittle and the original artist of the song. I made it because I want that somebody identifies the song and tell me the artist and tittle of the song. I'm crazy searching for this song, so I made the video and post the link.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic