JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Unsigned bands and artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Modern Space Age Lounge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardGivens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern Space Age Lounge
    Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 3:55pm
- or Space Age Pop. Bachelor Pad Music. With a mid-century modern vibe. Enjoy!

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 4:06pm
Thanks a lot. We will check this out and consider adding it to our Exotica section. I guess you saw our Exotica section, if not, check it out.
EdwardGivens View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardGivens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 4:47pm
hey thanks! Pretty sure it would fit in there.  best, Edward
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardGivens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Thanks a lot. We will check this out and consider adding it to our Exotica section. I guess you saw our Exotica section, if not, check it out.

You know it's funny - I just picked up the Martin Denny album you have listed on vinyl.  Genres can be tough to figure out when you are in the middle of being creative - and it's nice to realize that my latest project at least, fits in somewhere. I appreciate that! I'm from Portland OR where there used to be a pretty great Jazz scene. Leroy Vinnegar was a friend. I'm mostly a composer these days, but in the 90s I was in a band that played Jazz inflected Pop - there was also Pink Martini and the Daddies. I'm really glad to be running into people much younger than myself who are after this sound - like hey yea catchy melodies and actual dynamics are fun and uplifting - how 'bout them apples? :)
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 6:10pm
I checked out your music and we will be adding you soon.

I've played a lot of different musical styles, soul jazz is my usual go to, but I do have an ongoing exotica recording project called Congo Bongo. This group actually played a few live gigs in SF with two keyboardists and a bunch of drum machines.

Probably my favorite artist who gets the exotica tag is Les Baxter, especially his music in the early to mid 50s.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardGivens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I checked out your music and we will be adding you soon.

I've played a lot of different musical styles, soul jazz is my usual go to, but I do have an ongoing exotica recording project called Congo Bongo. This group actually played a few live gigs in SF with two keyboardists and a bunch of drum machines.

Probably my favorite artist who gets the exotica tag is Les Baxter, especially his music in the early to mid 50s.
Great stuff I agree and he even used the Theremin! Soul jazz - does that include the Crusaders? I have a lot to learn about genres.

Edited by EdwardGivens - 21 Nov 2022 at 7:10pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:01pm
Crusaders are close sometimes, especially the early stuff. Classic soul jazz is usually a Hammond B3 and/or tenor sax playing bluesy early 60s jazz. The genre gets a little more variety to it over the years after the 60s.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardGivens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 5:25pm
Made a video to go with one track.  Featuring some of the latest dance moves! (for ca. 1965)

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwardGivens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 8:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic