JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help Identify the Jazz Song Sampled in this Track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Identify the Jazz Song Sampled in this Track

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HouseDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Identify the Jazz Song Sampled in this Track
    Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 12:59pm
Please help me identify the jazz song sampled in this deep house track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDdOpGuCyX4
To me it sounds like something from the 70s. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by HouseDJ - 31 Aug 2022 at 12:59pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 8:06pm
I really enjoy figuring out what sample is being used on tracks, but I've got nothing on this one. That rhythm piano riff sounded pretty chopped up, so it may be very hard to determine the original source. That descending piano melody does not sound like a sample to me, sounds like they played that one themselves.
HouseDJ View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HouseDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 11:59pm
Thanks for listening. What kind of jazz would you classify it? It has a dark mysterious feeling
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 6:50am
Its hard to classify the jazz element because the rhythm has been replaced by a house rhythm, but likely the rhythm piano riff sounds like it came from a 70s fusion or soul jazz tune.
I like this track, it reminds me of mid to late 90s house music. Those were great years for electronic music and its merger with jazz. I have lots of vinyl that i picked up at DJ stores during that era.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 7:36pm
I moved this to the I Have a Question section.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic