JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Identify a 'Cool Groove' please(?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify a 'Cool Groove' please(?)
    Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:40am
Hello Guy's

Heard this 'Sound Track' while recording a TV programme recently; tried various routes to discovering both the title and artistes, but to no avail currently. So, although 'mainstream jazz' isn't my vibe, more jazz funk/soul. Like some melodies, Nefertiti, Rhapsody in Blue etc They're super cool to me.

So, I suspect it's possibly a Miles Davis performance (probably wrong) but you guy's will hopefully recognise it straight awaySmile

First time using this site, so I hope attaching a WMA file is easy(?)

Here goes, and thanks.

Regards

Chris Lynch

Ps Can't see that this facility allows you to 'Attach a file' other than Youtube.

Help, anyone who is really knowledgeable about Jazz Music I can send it by email.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 6:36pm
You would probably get a lot more responses if you had your sample up on youtube or soundcloud. Anyway, I'm going to move this to Music Recommendations.
Chris JL View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 3:38am
Thank you JS.

Yes, may be so, never posted anything on YouTube before but why not?

I’m still somewhat surprised how much effort I’m having to put in simply to identify what I’m fairly confident will be easy for a true ‘Jazz Buff’ etc. However, just need to progress matters asap.

Thanks again.

So, while on here, is there no way I can upload an audio recording I.e. WMA??

Or can I email it to the Supervisor/Manager person on here??

Thanks.

Chris JL

UK
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 6:44am
^ I'll check and see, but if you put it on youtube or soundcloud, you could reach out to thousands of people.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 10:17am
Just checked, youtube and soundcloud are your best bets. Soundcloud is easier to deal with than youtube. I'm not very tech at all and I put music on soundcloud often.
Chris JL View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 4:08am
Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks once again JS.

Much appreciated

I’m more intrigued now then when I began this mission🤪
Chris JL View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 9:46am
Hello JS,

Just to let you know, (JTLYK as some put it these days) I have now heard back from the TV Channel, namely TPTV (Talking Pictures TV) where I listened to this cool jazz groove, used as a sound track to an old cine film of 1930's British Industries. They tell me it was a random piece of 'archive material' supplied to them with other cool jazz tunes to accompany the silent cine films they show. So, I've probably got zero chance of discovering the artiste, the composition, and what it was originally written for.

Still, I won't give up so easily, I'm sure someone out there will identify it's origins. TPTV inform me that I can't access the 'Archive'; not in the TV business.

So, I'll try your kind suggestion of 'SoundCloud'.

Are you sure I can't email it to you JS, just to see what you think?

Many thanks.

Regards

Chris J Lynch
UK
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 9:51am
What they are talking about is called library music. It is soundtrack music supplied for TV and movie producers. This music is not often available to the public. Occasionally you will see library music on acid jazz compilations or lounge exotica compilations.
I Marc 4 is a group that performed a lot of library music and even put out some albums of their music, you might try them.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 7:45am
I listened to the clip you sent me. Sounds like generic library music to me. I seriously doubt you will find this recording anywhere, its just one of thousands of stored background music available to TV producers, film makers and advertisers.

If you like the style of music, then check out Chet Baker in the early 60s, that is sort of who they are imitating.
Chris JL View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 11:29am
Ok, cool.

Thanks a million, much appreciated.

I’ll log it in my ‘music data bank’ and most definitely sample it at some stage, if possible.

Thanks.

Kind regards

CJL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic