JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neal Schon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neal Schon
    Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:24pm

Neal Schon, who is AOR band Journey's guitarist and was a former guitarist for Santana in their earlier years, has released a number of solo albums that I believe could be categorized as jazz albums.  I was going to load a YouTube sample for the song Deep Forest from his Beyond the Thunder album as a sample but it is apparently blocked in the USA.  His music is atmospheric and somewhat new age-y and centers around his guitar playing, both acoustic and electric.  I'm not sure if he would be categorized as fusion or more something like Pop Jazz/Crossover, but think that he might be worthy of consideration.

Thank you,

Scott
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:48pm
Thanks, we'll start checking it out.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:51pm
I am currently listening to Piranha Blues, and as the title implies it is more Blues-y. Not sure if this one would qualify under Jazz-related Blues or if it is really more straightforward Blues, but it is quite different from Beyond the Thunder and Electric World, his two previous releases. 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 12:53pm
No problem, even if certain albums of his aren't all that "jazzy", we can add him for his work on many great jazz-rock and fusion albums. He's definitely part of the bigger picture.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 11:22am
added       
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic