JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some of you already know me!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some of you already know me!
    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:00am
Hi, I am Matti from Finland, 50 years old music lover. I finally found and entered this site via ProgArchives where I have been a collaborator since 2005 (my username there is Matti). I noted that several members here are familiar from PA. Greetings!

What especially draws me here is the possibility to write reviews for such artists I like who are not in ProgArchives, and to write reviews for yet unreviewed albums/artists. (Compared to PA - where the albums of the most popular bands may get hundreds of reviews, which I see rather pointless -, this site seems a whole lot less active, and perhaps that's why my participation here may be more valuable at this point, having already written over 1200 reviews in ProgArchives.)

My relationship with the jazz genre is not as deep or versatile as with progressive rock. I started listening to jazz in the early/mid-90's. PAT METHENY and JAN GARBAREK are my oldest favourites. I prefer listening to relatively contemporary jazz, although I can enjoy older stuff too. Moreover, I have a soft spot for vocal jazz, jazz-flavoured pop and so called entertainment vocal music (the line between them is thin), and it was nice to notice that in this database there are artists as varied as Joni Mitchell, Frank Sinatra, Willie Nelson, Robert Wyatt, Patricia Barber and Katie Melua.

I hope I like being in here.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 12:35am
Of course I know. Tongue

In Finland are looooots of fantastic artists, my trend. Hug
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:14am
hey, Matti

and we have some good Finnish jazz artists added too Smile
Matti P View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:37am
Hi! Yeah, I actually just found Strandberg Project added here by you, Snobb. Wink

As I tried to write a review, the front page (as well as any album page) says I'm not logged in, and when I try to log in there, it says it's invalid. I'm certain I type the password right: it was also visible in the e-mail I received after l signed in. What might be the problem?
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:27am
we had few times similar issues before. first check if you're using exactly same psw as you had registered, the system is sensitive, but I believe you know that

try again, if no success probably the easiest way is just to open new member's account with different psw which sometimes can be a matter, and close this one you already use, previously it helped
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:50am
Welcome Matti, yes the site has been a bit buggy lately. I was blocked out for several hours a couple nights ago. Let us know if problems persist.
Matti P View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:34am
Still the problem exists. I'm permanently logged in (and have no problem logging in and out) here in the forum, but I'm not logged in, and cannot log in, in the frontpage/database, where it only says my username or password is invalid. Mispelling is out of question for sure.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:53am
I tried to do same actions right now with my own account, it works pretty well

We had few same cases quite a long ago, tried different solutions but at the end of the day the one which helped was just to close the existing account and to open new one (it can have similar name but different password), often it was a solution

Edited by snobb - 15 Jan 2021 at 2:53am
Matti P View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 4:40am
Hello, it's over three years (oops, actually two) since I was here. Back then I just threw in the towel as I couldn't write a review in this site (because of some mysterious and unsolved technical problem), but now I'm back and seemingly my account is working on the database, too. Right now I have no time to do my first JMA review, I hope to do it tomorrow.

It's thrilling to see dozens of artists (especially in the Vocal Jazz) that I can be the first one to review. Hopefully I won't be OVER-active as a reviewer. Frankly it amazes me how seldom reviews appear here.

Edited by Matti P - 23 Aug 2023 at 2:59am
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 5:09am
welcome back ! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic