JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - An Arragement for Big Band of a Brazilian Samba
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Arragement for Big Band of a Brazilian Samba

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpasturesby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Arragement for Big Band of a Brazilian Samba
    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:15pm
Hi everyone!
I've been putting up a few arrangements for a local ensemble where I play the piano. I wanted to maybe get some feedback on this one, if anyone's interested, all kinds of criticism or suggestions are very welcome!  Smile

Since it wasn't ever performed all I have is the chart and the audio exported from Musescore. (Please don't mind the drums, it's just to give a rhythm feel LOL )

It's based on this brazilian samba called Mascarada

Thanks in advance!! Sleepy

Edited by greenpasturesby - 31 Mar 2020 at 10:16pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:13am
Thank you, I'll check this later when I have a few minutes and give you some feedback. Sounds interesting.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:15pm
I'm sorry, I could not play it because I don't have Drive.
In the meantime, you might want to check our massive samba thread:
greenpasturesby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpasturesby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:46pm
You might try this link to download the MP3 directly: https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1d4pBYhPCUI7n-HqL6zr03fBZz7jSsX55&export=download

If they don't work, this is the link to the MP3 file in drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d4pBYhPCUI7n-HqL6zr03fBZz7jSsX55

I couldn't upload files to the post, not sure there's an option at the forum board. If anything I can e-mail you them! Smile

About the thread, interesting, I'll surely take a look :)

Edited by greenpasturesby - 01 Apr 2020 at 6:48pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 6:52pm
That is excellent. I especially liked the build towards the end with the syncopated horn lines.
greenpasturesby View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenpasturesby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

That is excellent. I especially liked the build towards the end with the syncopated horn lines.
Oh, thanks a bunch! When I said all kinds of feedback welcome I mean it, because I'm new to the thing and only I want to hand out the parts to the musicians once I'm sure it sounds good with as many opinions as possible Smile

One thing I was doubtful about is that it might have turned out with 'too much'. To my own taste I feel like making it a bit simpler but really unsure of how and maybe it is just me being a bit overly judgmental with my stuff?

Thanks for the feedback!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:27pm
I didn't think it was overly busy, I liked all the little parts going on, they were syncopated and rhythmic, not pointless.
I'm a big fan of arrangers, some favorites include: Ellington, Gil Evans, Quincy Jones, Lalo Schifrin, Les Baxter and Henry Mancini. For classical I like Debussy, Ravel and Stravinsky.

Edited by js - 01 Apr 2020 at 7:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic