JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Looking to Study Jazz Compositon?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swingthat8th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Looking to Study Jazz Compositon?
    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 4:04pm
Hello all,

I'm making this post to see if anyone would be interested in Skype classes on Jazz Composition...
Our school has a few openings right now and figured I'd drop an inquiry here for anyone looking to get on top of their craft.

The opening is for the Rick Barda School of Music for a private jazz apprenticeship. My teacher Rick has over 30 years of experience, and teaches a fulled developed and refined program designed to gain full control over your craft as a composer. This program moves forward linearly every class on an efficient and fully encompassing basis. The program follows a curriculum that's broken down into Harmony 1 through Harmony 7 and includes handouts for each topic. After Harmony 7, the student can decide to continue and focus on Orchestration, Film Scoring, or Classical Music, if they please.

Rick has a long track record of studying with renowned players such as: Ted Greene, Joe Pass, Pat Martino, Henry Mancini, and Howard Roberts. He has also attended an array of the top music schools such as Musicians Institute, GIT, Berklee, and Dick Grove's School Without Walls. The majority of the material stems from Dick Grove's school and has been expanded and further developed in numerous ways. Our material is extremely rooted, historically speaking, given that Dick Grove studied with Joseph Schillenger for nine years, and Rick Studied with Dick Grove for five years. We are carrying on a long lineage of education that we feel very passionate about.

We are trying to provide an alternative to those that would like to study music at a conservatory. Our philosophy is to give YOU the tools to create what ever you would like to create, with the utmost control. I would be happy to make myself available for a phone call to answer any questions or concerns, just shoot me a PM. Also, if you would like a general overview of the different stages of development in the program, please send me a PM too. It doesn't matter how far along you are coming into it.

At any rate, if you made it this far, thanks for checking it out. I know this isn't the typical posting on here. Hope you get to where you want to go!

Cheers
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 7:22pm
I'm going to move this to The Musicians Exchange.
Best of luck to you, I will gladly vouch for the fact that your teacher has outstanding credentials and that this sounds like a very well organised course of study.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic