JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What sub-genre are these song?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenZo-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What sub-genre are these song?
    Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:39am
Hi,
maybe you can halp me. Which kind of sub-genre are these song?
I like it very much, seem somthing related to E.S.T. or, in other site, to Jaga Jazist.
Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Mammal Hands - Living Frost  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukTLlZDiTwc

Mehliana (Brad Mehldau & Mark Guiliana) - Hungry Ghost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6gjoMUEY4

Edited by LorenZo-m - 25 Apr 2019 at 8:41am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 8:52am
All of these album are on our site, just look up the album and it will have a genre attached to it. For instance:

LorenZo-m View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenZo-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

All of these album are on our site, just look up the album and it will have a genre attached to it. For instance:

oh! It's simply Nu-Jazz... Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:14am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:16am
LorenZo-m View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenZo-m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

We tagged this one fusion:

oh fusion!? ...ok Stern Smile
Anyway allmusic says: Electric Jazz, Electronica, Jazz-Funk
But you tagged SHOBALEADER ONE as Eclectic Fusion too... so now I do not know what fusion exactly is! Tongue

Thank you very much
I thought nu-jazz was quite an old tag and that things had changed in the meantime...

Anyway it is not so important... but now I can strongly say I like nu-jazz... Wink 
and maybe fusion too Confused
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 2:50pm
If you check the different genre groups, there is definition for each genre that might help you.

The tag Nu Jazz didn't really catch on with a lot of music sources and it may seem trendy and passe', but we think its a valid term for jazz with an ambient feel to it, as well as jazz that uses minimalist type figures.

You can read more in our Nu Jazz definition which gets into more detail.

None of these tags are perfect, and a lot of albums can easily fit more than one tag, but we are stuck with the job of picking just one tag, it is kind of frustrating some times.

Here is the Nu Jazz definition:

Here is Eclectic Fusion:

Edited by js - 27 Apr 2019 at 2:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic