JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curtainbust

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curtainbust
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 11:24am
Curtainbust are a new Romanian jazz band with one album out. They are centred around saxophonist and composer Eddie Neumann (who has also been in Jazz Unit, the other band I suggested today), soul/jazz vocalist Luiza Zan and keyboardist Raul Kusak (who also plays on iordache's dissipatin'). I can't find samples from the album, so I'll post recordings from their first ever concert, which I've had the honour to attend to. Cool You can see me in the second video at 30 seconds into the recording (long hair, beard, near my girl) or in the third video at 7:00. CoolCool

I'd categorize them as a mix of Post-Bop, Classic Fusion, Funk and a more experimental (loop-based) Vocal Jazz.

Edited by harmonium.ro - 14 Apr 2011 at 11:53am
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 8:01am
I was adding the album and I saw that Edi, the band leader, changed his mind about the band name. At the concert he said the band is called "Curtainbust", but now I see that on the album cover only the album name is "Curtainbust", but the band name is "Eduard Jak Neumann Quartet". I think the band name should be changed to Eduard Jakk Neumann. The line-up has completely changed too, on the album.

Here's an artist picture:

Also, sorry but I added a photo too big for the album cover and it looks awful after resizing. I resized it at 500x500 pixels, can you upload this instead of the current one?

Here's the album: http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/curtainbust--curtainbust.aspx

Edited by harmonium.ro - 08 May 2011 at 8:09am
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 9:43am
Please check, I made all changes - is it OK now?

You better send such corrections requests to "Errors & Omissions thread" otherwise it could stay here unnoticed
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:32am
Thanks Slava. Normally I'd ask for corrections in the E&O section, but the chances of posts going unnoticed on this forum are very low, and this is also a subliminal way to promote the bands, too. Tongue And it's working - the statistics in my YT account say that almost all of the viewings of the videos come from JMA.

But I'll oblige from now on. Wink

Edited by harmonium.ro - 09 May 2011 at 10:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic