JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cole Porter should he be suggested and where

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cole Porter should he be suggested and where
    Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:16am
Saw a docu about Porter by Howard Goodall. It was more than once mentioned that he had a role in the developmemt of jazz msuic. Should he then be included in the archives? Im not a regular listener but i just searced hes name here and hes not included. Hes a composer of songs, musicals, and jazz standards. In many festivals of jazz that ive worked, i have heard many interpretation of Porters music.

Any fans here.

Or knowledgehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2htSTN1crU

Edited by Asmodean - 10 Mar 2019 at 5:22am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 7:07am
Yeah, he's a big part of jazz history, but since he is usually not a performer, there may not be any albums to his name. I'll look into it.
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 7:50am
Hes in the same part of jazz history as Irving Berlin and the George Gerswin

Edited by Asmodean - 10 Mar 2019 at 8:03am
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 12:20pm
He's been added.
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 1:24pm
Cool
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic