JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kool Jazz-Kool An The Gang

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stopbyforjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kool Jazz-Kool An The Gang
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
I am amazed that after their very nice debut LP[Kool Jazz-1969]Kool An The Gang never did another,they could had a nice run in the Jazz field..any opinions on this?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 5:12pm
I love early Kool and the Gang, a much different band than what they turned out to be later.  By the way, "Kool Jazz" is actually a compilation of their first four albums. They had several albums in a funk/jazz mode early in their career before they went pop RnB.
Did you know that original trumpeter Michael Ray went on to do his own fusion group?

Edited by js - 25 Jan 2019 at 6:59am
Stopbyforjazz View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stopbyforjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 9:39pm
Thanks for the info,I didn't know this,it's always nice to learn.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic