JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Solstice (quebec) as classic fusion/funk jazz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geneyesontle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solstice (quebec) as classic fusion/funk jazz
    Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 7:54pm
Solstice is another jazz/fusion band from quebec. This band was added to PA as jazz fusion, so I think this band has his place in JMA. They released two albums: Mirage (1978) and Espresso (1981).

Here's the band photo:`
Solstice picture
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 8:10pm
Thanks a lot, we'll check them out.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 8:19pm
Do you have any samples of their music?  They didn't have any at the website you mentioned, and i couldn't find any elsewhere either.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 9:10am
I totally endorse Solstice's inclusion (they're in PA)

Other Quebecois JR/F bands include Aquarelle, Agharta, and L'Orchestere Sympathique (both also in PA) and Nebu (who's not in PA)

Checks about infos can also be found on ProgQuebec's site

However, finding sound bites may prove to be difficult...

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

geneyesontle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geneyesontle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Do you have any samples of their music?  They didn't have any at the website you mentioned, and i couldn't find any elsewhere either.

You will find some in this site:
geneyesontle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geneyesontle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 4:34pm
Another detail. Yves Nadeau, the bassist of Groove 55 is in that band. So the two band are related to each other but they are toatally different bands.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 7:50am
added               
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic