JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salah Ragab and The Cairo Jazz Band

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salah Ragab and The Cairo Jazz Band
    Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:01am

I'm not too sure how many more studio albums they made. However, it's one of my favorite finds this year.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:14am
Thanks a lot, we'll check them out.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:22am
I've always wanted to get that record where he performs with Sun Ra. Apparently each band does a set.
Atoms View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:24am
Didn't know he has performed with Sun Ra. I hope it's not a hard album to find. Because I'm very interested.
Atoms View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
Found it and ordered it. Thanks for the tip!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 11:32am
Cool, did you go for vinyl or CD? 
 I love this music, I can see why Ra wanted to perform with him, he has some of that 50s exotica flavor like Les Baxter etc.
Atoms View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 12:07pm
I went for the CD. I don't know any online site for good and cheap vinyls. I mainly buy mine from the store,
I agree with you, I can't wait to see what Sun Ra and Salah could create together.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 12:08pm
I had a chance to buy a vinyl copy at a store when it first came out, still kicking myself for not jumping on that one.
Atoms View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 12:12pm
Haha, can't blame you. But after all, Sun Ra has made so many albums that you can never know which ones to buy beforehand.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 1:09pm
added
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 1:56pm
Still listening to more of Ragab's music. You can hear his influence on Ra, especially the albums "Angels and Demons at Play", also you can hear how Ragab was influenced by the exotica artists like Les Baxter and Esquivel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic