JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Quincy Jones documentary coming to Netflix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Quincy Jones documentary coming to Netflix
    Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:36pm
A new documentary telling the lifestory of Quincy Jones is to be debuted on Netflix this month. The film, simply titled ‘Quincy’ is co-directed by his daughter Rashida Jones and features interviews and private archive footage going back to the very beginnings of his career. Since then, Quincy has become the most Grammy nominated artist in history, and produced countless records, TV shows, films and championed new artists.

“It’s rare that somebody who has lived as much life as my dad is still interested in growing and knowing the next generation,” Rashida Jones says. “He is such a man of action and accomplishments, but we were so lucky to spend real time with him, to let him reflect on life and the larger picture. I feel honored to be able to share that with audiences all over the world.”

Jones’s career as a composer, conductor, best-selling author, multi-media entrepreneur and producer spans decades; he stands today as one of the most successful and admired artists of the entertainment world and was named by Time Magazine as one of the most influential jazz musicians of the 20th century.

Edited by snobb - 10 Nov 2018 at 12:57pm
Strykeri10 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strykeri10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 2:12am
Amazing! I am that kind of a person who likes to watch documentaries. Now days, I am busy watching shows by Andy Yeatman with my kids. My kids’ vacation is going to be over in a while and then I can begin watching my choice of movies and documentaries. I have saved this post as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic