JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Many Jazz Albums Do You Have

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: How many jazz albums do you have?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.69%]
2 [3.39%]
3 [5.08%]
9 [15.25%]
10 [16.95%]
10 [16.95%]
24 [40.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeBop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Interestingly enough, the B&M stores have stopped decreasing in Brussels are might even be a bit on the rise (two new stores  (one dealing new, the other used)...

But if the rock record stores numbers have now stablized (if only temporarily), and the classical record stores have never closed or decreased in numbers (to my knowledge, there are eight in Brussels - 1.4M people with suburbs ), the only store dealing jazz is actually a classical store (and it's not a downtown location and hasn't got a good/decent choice) >> the owner is the Deutsche Gramofon and ECM representative in Belgium...

Soooooooooo, if I want a jazz CD, my only solution is Amazon..... sadly Cry

=======================

Yes, Brussels has a great array of record/music shops (not specific to jazz).  Antwerp/Anvers and Ghent/Gand are nice-enough too.  The number of Brussels shop openings the past five years or so has been very encouraging!  Berlin is doing well too. 

Specific to jazz, Brussels is maybe not great, but even book+record shops like Pele-Mele and some of the places along/next to Rue Midi are worth a stop.  I can't remember if the place next to the Grand-Place was still in business last time I passed by.  ("Collectors Record Shop" or something)  Amazing that it would last as long as it did in the high-rent location! 
birdtranescoe View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdtranescoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:18pm
I have about 3.5 K cds (although over 50% is avant jazz or otherwise new/experimental or ethnic -like Cage, Xenakis, Zorn, Brazilian, Asian, Indian, etc).  Yes I'm obsessed.
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Cannonball With Hat Cannonball With Hat wrote:

As much as I love jazz, my collection is quite poor, especially considering the "classics" I don't have. So, I'd say probably in the 15-30 range (of the more "straight" jazz cds). But if we are counting various types of fusion certainly more...probably between 50-100 (if not more).

But 'tis only a guess. My iTunes labelling system is very sparse and simple, thus I don't have an accurate count.

In 10 years, I've easily gone past the 200 barrier now. 
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic