JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rhinoceros (band) - blues related jazz, jazz RnB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhinoceros (band) - blues related jazz, jazz RnB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhinoceros (band) - blues related jazz, jazz RnB
    Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 6:28am
Rhinoceros was a rock band established in 1967 by Elektra Records as that label's intended supergroup. The band, while well respected in many circles, did not live up to the record label's expectations. One reviewer commented, "Despite the fact that the band could not live up to the expectations that were raised by Elektra Records' publicity machine, Rhinoceros' contributions to rock still deserve more credit than subsequent rock histories give it."

http://www.rhinoceros-group.com/rhinoalbums.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinoceros_%28band%29

Edited by Asmodean - 16 Jan 2012 at 6:44am
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:10am
Some great stuff here, especially that last song. I'm sad that I'd never heard of this project before now, especially being interested as I am in Paul Rothchild as a producer, but I'm not sure this is quite blues-related jazz. Perhaps more blues psych rock?

I'll certainly bow to opinions more established than mine - perhaps someone at JMA has a whole album and can help out? My guess is these guys might not fit. Thanks for the recommendation, however, I'll probably go order their first album tomorrow

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 16 Jan 2012 at 8:31am
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic