Poll Question: For a fan
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [12.50%]
7 [87.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Tony Williams rock or jazz?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:19pm

Tony Williams said that own was rock drummer. Of course it is remarkable in "Lifetime" and a solo album. However, he might continue the activity that was divided on the average if he considered activity and the history of Miles Davis and the VSOP.

If there is recognition of his musicality that a fan thinks about, the people may refer to it. Of course including me.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:21pm
One of the greatest jazz drummers ever.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:24pm
I watched the video that he played rock with Jan Hammer before. Because he seemed to be very fun.LOL
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:50pm
I was going to hear the opinion of the person whom I chose when Tony Williams was rock drummer. Thereafter, I intended to give an opinion. By a neutral opinion.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 4:47am
I'd tend to think of Williams first & dforemosdt as a jazz drummer.... starting out with Miles Davis (probably not his first gig, though), how can it be otherwise??

Sure, he went on to do rockier things in the 70's, but still at herart, I thinkl of him a a jazzman.

Edited by Sean Trane - 09 Jan 2012 at 5:03am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 5:16am
OK. I will take care of a villain here.LOL At first the point that declared that Tony Williams oneself was rock drummer openly. And the point where Lifetime was jazz rock. The solo album was jazz rock approximately likewise, too. And the point that Tony Williams ignored the instructions of Miles Davis, and performed an original performance. Of course it was a revolution for jazz.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 3:47pm
Jazz Drummer and one of the best ever. Cool and he was real cool
Matt
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:30pm
Also a jazz drummer in my eyes as well.
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 11:02am
I voted rock drummer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic